Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / About 3D Games Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Why isn't this software on the site? I purchased this software thinking it was drag and drop based with optional programming. Is there any way I can exchange this software with 3D Gamemaker?

Also, can I get this software windowed instead of full screen?
genius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 07:08
Did you pay for it from here?

Be happy, tomorrow is another day
Hiyoto Hisikata
Years of Service
User Offline
I got it from Hastings.
genius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 07:13
Oh, then I am guessing that you probably won't be able to, I am not part of TGC so I don't know.

Hiyoto Hisikata
Years of Service
User Offline
Dang.... That stinks..
genius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 07:21
I know, but you could probably download a free 30 day trial of DBPro and see how you like it. By the way, what don't you like about 3D games creator?

Hiyoto Hisikata
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you ever used Game Maker 5? It is a drag and drop with optional programming. Game Creator is nothing but programming, and it only supports .x files. I don't mind having to learn programming (going to have to anyway) but I like to use drag and drop if it will work just as well as if I programmed it.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 09:55
Er...

If you're talking about The 3d Game Maker, then it has no programming in it at all, it's all drag and drop.

If you're talking about Dark Basic, then yes, it's a programming language; I'm fairly certain that's made clear on the box if you look at it. And it dosen't just support .x files, it also supports .3ds. If you're serious about making games, converting your files to one of those formats won't be a real obstacle .

Why not return the offending program to Hastings for a refund?

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 14:04
'The 3D Games Creator' - There's no such product created by TGC by that name. What's the name on the box you bought?

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 14:55 Edited at: 1st Dec 2003 14:55
Quote: " 'The 3D Games Creator' - There's no such product created by TGC by that name."

In France Darkbasic is called "3D Games Creator" and DBpro is called "3d Games Creator Pro". In Germany Darkbasic Pro is called "3D Games Creator" undertitled "Darkbasic Pro" (while Darkbasic is called Darkbasic).

Me, I'll sit and write this love song as I all too seldom do
build a little fire this midnight. It's good to be back home with you.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 15:10 Edited at: 1st Dec 2003 15:14
Hiyoto,
I strongly suggest that you persevere with what you've got, The 3D Game Maker, which is a point and click system created with DarkBASIC is not a great way for most people to make games. It's designed for kids really, and those that have no interest in programming whatsoever. DarkBASIC (probably what you have already) and DarkMATTER would make a much nicer package for beginners to cut their teeth with. DarkMATTER is a collection of media, characters, sounds etc for DarkBASIC. The 3D Game Maker is pretty limited, I'm sure you'll be disapointed when you try and do anything more advanced with it - although it is fun and easy to use, DarkBASIC will let you take game programming as far as you want; some people are even using it to make commercial titles, despite it's being surpased somewhat with DarkBASIC Pro.

[edit] There are a few windowed editors (IDE) for DarkBASIC, the most popular being DarkEdit, but there's also CodeKeeper. I reckon a google search would probably dig up some download locations, sorry - don't know any off hand since DarkEdits creater left the community, his website is probably down by now.

Van-B

I laugh in the face of fate!
Hiyoto Hisikata
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay. Is DarkBASIC at all similar to Basic? And, (I haven't read through the whole manual yet) How hard is it possisioning objects.

The Software is called "DarkBASIC 3D Games Creator" And it... I just took a closer look at the box. It said on the bottom: exclusive distrubuter to Germany... Interesting considering I'm in America...
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2003 01:06
Then you got Dark Basic, which doesnt have drag and drop. Read the commands, its similiar to basic, and positioning objects is simply...

Position Object objnum,x,y,z

Its a very easy langauge if you read and learn the commands.

RPGamer

Dont forget to Join the Forums!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2003 01:10
It's very similar to Basic-- it's real name is DarkBasic . Give it a try, it's excellent.

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It's Basic with extra commands for fast graphics, and 3D effects. It's easy to learn if you already know basic.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2003 02:06
Quote: "In France Darkbasic is called "3D Games Creator" and DBpro is called "3d Games Creator Pro". In Germany Darkbasic Pro is called "3D Games Creator" undertitled "Darkbasic Pro" (while Darkbasic is called Darkbasic)."

Ahh, that cleas up a lot. Cheers.

Hiyoto Hisikata
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweet. So that means this is a good base for me to start learning to program. And the manual makes it look easy.

So... Does anyone know if I can make the editor windowed? Even my Apps that I create?
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 03:49
There's a third party editor for DarkBASIC called 'Dark Edit', this one is more Windows-based and is much easier on the eyes and effective.

http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=showcase_view&i=65

Hiyoto Hisikata
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweet! Thank you very much!! I'm still going through the manual. And I did a quick search on the forums. How would I make my games optionally windowed or full screen? (sorry, I know this isn't the place for this)
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 10:00
You can call SET WINDOW ON inside DB to shrink it down to a window, the window size is designated by the resolution, which can also be specified.

Van-B

I laugh in the face of fate!
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 21:55
Quote: "You can call SET WINDOW ON inside DB to shrink it down to a window, the window size is designated by the resolution, which can also be specified."

this function is only included in a later version i think. you can upgrade your version for free by going here:
http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?f=upgrades

just read the instructions on the website, it's simple to do and will be worth it. downloading the updates will give you extra commands, and make DarkBASIC for stable for you (meaning it won't crash as much).

Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken.
Hiyoto Hisikata
Years of Service
User Offline
So the lates update is 1.13? No more? No patches? No plugins? Aw.... Thanks though!
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 02:16
There is nothing more to upgrade dark basic too really...

I am mischeivious
RoooooOoooooKoooooKoooooRoooooOoooooKoooooKooooo!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 22:38:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 22:38:56