Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] controversial question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, a few statements to get peoples backs up...

I was on the verge of buying DB Pro and darkMatter, when someone said I should check out a product called Blitz3D. So I did. And it was quite good.

The one thing that then drew me to it was the number of examples it provided to "show off" what it could do - about 30 of them. DB Pro had one - of a pelican spinning round. Call me shallow, call me fickle, hell call me Susan if you want to.

Now, I know that the price of DB Pro etc is very competitive, and I have no problem buying it, but I expect it to show itself off to its best advantage, which the trial did not do.

It seems as though the DB community (which from my investigation is pretty huge) is what actually shows off the capabilities of the product.

All that said, I am a programmer, and have spent some time looking at these threads, and it seems as though there's enough resource out there to allow me to do what I want to in DB Pro.

Now for the controversial question...

What are the key benefits of DB Pro over Blitz3D?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 15:46
You will get nothing but biased opinions from this sort of post, and sometimes it degenerates into flaming, so I'm going to lock this post.

Both products come with trial versions - try them and decide
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 15:50
We've covered these grounds a million times before which you must appreciate or you wouldn't have assumed this thread was "controversial".

There are hundreds of examples in the showcase/ retro compo pages/ codebase, why not look at some and make up your own mind? You can't seriously expect to get a fully balanced and unbiased opinion from people here can you? Just like you won't get one from any Blitz forum either. It's like walking into a Ford car showroom and asking them to list the benefits of a BMW.

Why not actually say what you need the software to do and then ask "can it?" rather than "list all comparisons" which, between two packages both offering over 1000 commands each, would be extremely difficult to do.

I'll agree with Ian's decision to lock this thread. The answers are out there and you don't have to go far to find them.

Cheers,

Rich

"It's easy to be mean when death equals a high score screen."
"You can take your Quake and go away, I'd rather play Bubble Bobble any day."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:38:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:38:17