Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBPro Tutorial 5 - Boxes(3) Help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 21:43 Edited at: 1st Dec 2003 21:44
Hi there,

I've just got DBPro (like today) through the post and am working through the online tutorials. I've got to the tutorial where you create a rainbow cube that spins around.

I understand the fact that you create boxes with vertices with different colours and that these are then grabbed as images to form the colours of each face.

I get the fact that the white sphere inside the box is used as the "parent" object for the limbs. You then make a mesh from a box object.

Q: Whats the distinction between objects and meshes? I can't quite get my head around the difference between the box object and the mesh.

You then add limbs to the sphere object, assigning the mesh to the limb. Then you texture the limb using the images created earlier. Each limb is then offset from the parent sphere to create the final box.

Is this correct? Have I missed anything/got anything wrong?

Sorry if all this is stupidly simple....I'm just trying to get a feel for the way DBPro works. BTW, can I use string constants to refer to objects instead of numbers?

Thanks all

Tron Software
Rage_Matrix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2003 00:22
Got the answer to the difference between a mesh and an object on the IRC channel. Thanks to The Darthster for that

Tron Software
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2003 00:55
you could use a TYPE to hold a reference to an object number and it's friendly name, then just make an array of the type

-RUST-
Rage_Matrix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2003 22:07
Thanks

Tron Software

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:36:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:36:45