Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Creating a Spites using images of 3D models?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 16:42
When it comings to drawing, whether it be sketches or pixel art, there's a LOT I lack in terms of skill. But when it comes to 3d modeling, I have much more experience with regards to creating bodies, animations, etc.. So I'm wondering, is it possible to use images of 3D models to create sprites used in 2d games? And if so, would anyone happen to know the method one would take to go about this?
Dazzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2014 03:01
Hi PsychoMuffin

Maybe what you are looking for is the Sprite Me & Model 2 Sprite programs TGC have produced.
See
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2301

Hope this helps
Barry Pythagoras
Years of Service
User Offline
Or just render your 3D models.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2014 03:52
I use Blender for this. Make the model, set up the animation, then render the animation to frames. Pack into a sprite sheet and boom! Best utility I've found for packing sprite sheets is Texture Packer. I've tried tons of PS scripts and GIMP scripts, but they all stink, don't let you define max size, cols/rows, etc.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 05:27:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 05:27:11