Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / simple table trainer for kids, sharing problem with chrome

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

Can someone help me. I can't fint the right place to post this message, so I put it here, becouse it is a dbc file.

I made a simple ""table"-trainer for our kids.

I want to share it with other students of the class.

So I did this:

-I have made an exe.
-Then I made a ZIP file of it (with windows.)
-I Uploaded it to my own website.

Now here comes the problem.

With google chrome to download the file, i get the message that it it can be a dangerous file.

But it isn`t.

How can people download my zip file with out the warning?

Greetings.

Toedeledoki
Barry Pythagoras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 22:12 Edited at: 19th Apr 2014 22:14
Just put a message above it saying that you will get a warning, but just ignore it. Or try Rar. Rar is probably the same as Zip but maybe it doesn't give a warning.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2014 17:01
That warning is because of google. I'm guessing its hosted on a not so well known site? I get this with files from my own website.

HomerS
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes it is my own website.

Its an agenda site for school practice, only people who know it, uses it.

Should I make it https or something?

Toedeledoki
Attila
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You can try several tricks:

1. Set a password for the ZIP (when creating the ZIP). Therefore Google cannot look into the ZIP and find an EXE-File which is blocked by some browsers. You can use 7Zip (OpenSource from http://www.7-zip.org/download.html) it allows to set passwords to protect the content of the zip from spying eyes.
2. Try another browser (IE & Chrome are hysterical about downloads )
3. Put the file on a cloud-store (a.e. https://www.box.com/) and display the link on your website
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2014 03:07
Your best bet is to just display a notice about it on your website. Like, Notice for Chrome users, blah blah blah

HomerS
Years of Service
User Offline
Its a direct link, i used the notice in the mail with the link.

Tnx for the help and greetings!

Toedeledoki
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 04:38 Edited at: 8th Aug 2014 04:39
I have done a bit of editing/commenting on your code that I hope helps (and doesn't come across as nagging!)

I basically edited up to a point and then just left notes. Maybe these notes are more helpful anyway, they take less time for me so perhaps I should just leave notes in future. Tell me what you think is most helpful.

You have a lot of 'wait' commands in your code, I do not like these. Why do you want to make the user wait?
You are using labels (eg eind: ) as signposts throughout your program, I do not like this either. It is a habit that most people go through but you will have to get out of that habit to write better programs. Ironically, it is very easy to get lost with all these signposts everywhere.
Learning how to use different kinds of loops will help you get rid of signposts. Sometimes it is not a big problem to use a goto here or there, if it is only a small jump and would be a pain to code another solution, but in general if you are using gotos you are probably doing it wrong.

Formerly OBese87.
HomerS
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

just back form the hollidays.

I used wait, that is the simplest way to use the timer, can't do any harm i tought.

And I use goto/ gosub, becouse is always works! I try using functions (for other programming) but that sometimes rusults in trouble. So I am not so good in using functions (cost to much time to find the problems in my functions).

I am kind like a shipper only using one of the two peddles in the boat.

I will check your code, and come back later!

Toedeledoki

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:18:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:18:41