Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / First Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys, I played with some stuff in darkGDK and I just finish the first part of my game, it works just fine when starting it from the VSC++ Compiler 2008, but when I copy the debugged game with its files, into a new directory, and try to start the Game.exe

All I see is this black window??
And I dont see any errors, are there some files/depencies wich I need
to add to the new directory ??

thanks in advanced.

lol albanians in da house <3

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2014 19:41
Absolute Path: Example

Relative Path: Example

Use relative paths. If that’s not the problem. Then we can’t help without code or more info.
The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2014 22:37 Edited at: 7th May 2014 23:10
If you keep all your gaming media files in one central location for all your projects, another way of doing it that doesn't involve lengthy pathnames in every filename loaded:

If DarkGDK tries to load a (media) file that it can't find, it keeps quiet about it. However if you're using Spary's collision, it will give a generic runtime error for non-existent objects (among other things). You can tell if a load was successful or not by checking that the image (or object or whatever media you're loading) exists after loading it. For example:

I always insert a line like that after a load in a debug session if I need to track something like that down.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:02:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:02:28