Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Convert multitexture models to make them fpsc ready (dexsoft inside)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I'm attempting to convert some models I bought from Dexsoft Media

These are all static models and no characters

I know that all I must do is to extract the model and after create and fpe file and put them with the textures into a folder in entitybank

This works fine for single texture enetities but if I have some multitexture entities like tunnels and others I cannot make the same because :
If it is static, then it only loads a single texture, but it acts correctly
If I set to dynamic, all the correct textures load but enetity has no collision set ...so

due Dynamic entity's have only box collision so I cant enter them
I bought Ultimate Unwrad 3d so I can take a complete Atlas texture map for my model and use them as static so i can have right collision and so on..

so.. now I have a .bmp texture with all textures for m model in it (atlas texture) a mesh .x file and and a .fpe file for static entity..

I put all in entitybank folder but not works

what have I to do again??

where I wrong??

thanks.. in advance...
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2014 03:28
You are going to have to open each model in a modeler and remap them to their coresponding sections.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2014 09:48 Edited at: 7th May 2014 09:50
ok.. but if I have the single model textured yet can I only create a single atlas with these textures to can assign the texturemap to the entity and make it static??

here the link with an example of my model eith all textures (many single textures)

http://yadi.sk/d/Onq2GoeVPMpAz

is there a way can I get a multitexture image form this without without reassign athe uv map???
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2014 17:50
Unfortunately not. I'll take a look at this when I get home from work and see if I can help you out.

"Who loves ya baby!"
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2014 19:22 Edited at: 8th May 2014 19:26
ok thanks..and can you please tell me waht software must I use to remap uv of my models

I bought ultimate unwrap 3d becasue I thinked that the software can do the work for me...
here the link
http://www.unwrap3d.com/u3d/index.aspx

and this is the tutorial how repaint an uv map and how to consolidate it into a single texture

http://www.unwrap3d.com/u3d/tutorial_repaint.aspx
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 08:25
Ok, I see the problem you are running into. I use milkshape 3d to re assign uv maps but the method the artist used is called 'tiling', which is only possible with multi textured models. An example is that the walls stretch from one end of the corridor to another with only a square. The only way to do this propperly would be to break the model down into multiple pieces, but that would take up much more memory than you are looking to. The better way would be to make the 2 models as I mentioned before= one dynamic with multiple textures and no collision, and one static with an invisible single texture for the actual collision. Sorry it couldn't be easier than that.

"Who loves ya baby!"
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 14:19 Edited at: 9th May 2014 19:31
ok thanks you for your time

maybe I'll try with two model with/without texture/collison..

only a question..

what can I use to gie a trapsarent texture to he model?

I tried with one I found into an invisible segment but it doesnt work..

EDit

I was able to retexturize my model and now I have a single texturemap bitmap for my model and it works in fps creator if I use it as dynamc object.. but if I set it as static texture is not displayed and I see only the mesh

I'm aattatching my model with fpe fiel and texture ..if some can downlaod it and test to tell me where I wrong I apprecitate it...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
and yes I can use two models...one with texture and non collision (dynamic ) and one without texture and collision (static) but doing so I cannot place light into the entities becasue them lighting all object due the presence of the dynamic...
Is there a way I can resolve that??
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Turn the whole thing into segments.

I see you got walls parts and floors the best option would be to build the corridor in fpsc by turning the parts into segment rooms.

best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2014 06:48
I took a look at the models and there is a lot of tiling on surfaces so he couldn't turn it into segments without completely remodeling it himself.

"Who loves ya baby!"
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I took a look at the models and there is a lot of tiling on surfaces so he couldn't turn it into segments without completely remodeling it himself."

Arhh well this is where the problem is then.

best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 19:16:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 19:16:18