Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [WIP]Junkyard Cog 2.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Even though I released a rudimentary version of the Junkyard Cog already, I wanted to revise it for an alt-skin collection pack I'm calling Lost Days (which is also the name of the game I'm working on). Wanted to get some feedback on the new Fragmotion paintjob and look of the Junkyard Cog here. More robots and things will be coming, as I'm trying to create good quality mobs for the Nuke City collection and other packs by CosmicProphet and Doomster.

Please let me know if there are others you'd like to see as far as wastelander type or gearpunk type creatures for FPS Classic, or if there is anything you'd like to help me out with.

Current Project: Lost Days - Post-Apocalyptic
"It's like Defiance meets Sanford and Sons!"
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 01:30
Looks good Ray Keep up the good work!

gamer, lover, filmmaker
JayRay
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW! thanks! It's just too bad we don't have something like CloneCloth, some mesh with templates and combinations of different upper and lower body meshes for skinning, That'd just be like sliced bread to me!

Current Project: Lost Days - Post-Apocalyptic
"It's like Defiance meets Sanford and Sons!"
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2014 01:15
if you open the model in a modeling program you can get the uv map for it.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2014 05:53 Edited at: 10th May 2014 05:56
Hey neat idea! It'd be really cool if you could animate his mouth while he's talking, too. It would be simple to do, just animate his lower jaw relative to the rest of him. Two simply movable meshes on a hinge... In cartoons (not the recent ones), the villain would appear more menacing/scary by having very simplistic-like animations, so that would be an advantage here, with your style.

Although to sync that up (jaw animation with speech) would probably be beyond the scope of FPS Creator - well maybe not, you'd have to manually sync it up with a script to accompany certain speech sound files. It would take a little time, but it would be really cool! If he has a long dialog somewhere, rather than doing it in one shot, have a number of sentences played in sequence. That way, they can each be re-used later and in other contexts. In other words, just do single sentences at a time, that puts the work into byte-sized chunks (not pun intended ).

I'm thinking it might be good to have a little variety though, like a trashcan head would have a different top than a trashcan, and vice versa. I suppose that's possible, but junkyards usually have more variety than just the metal trashcans. If someone was going to make a body for himself there, he'd have to use whatever was around.

Another idea I had about your currently pictured dude, you could have him wearing over his top, a stretched (conquered) tire as a diagonal sash, like Warf does:

P.S. You could animate his eyes, too, and have him be able to turn his head. You could make him quite a character!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:31:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:31:26