Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / looking 4 smokey hud.

Author
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2014 21:35
Hey guys and gals.

I'm looking for a hud that will work in a zone that looks like you are walking in a smoke filled room. As if the building was on fire. I went through all my Rolphy packs and they seem to be all weather related.

thanks

joe

gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2014 16:46
Hi seppgirty
Are you looking for an "animated" hud, correct?
If so, how about a full-screen post process effect?
I have something that might work for you, but it does
eat up some performance.

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2014 17:09
I am thinking that a post process shader might be a better choice for a smoke effect inside a room.

Check out the test build in the download button. Make copies of the original Multi_1.dds file and multi_2.dds. when you copy these effects into you effectbank\postprocess folder

I called this from the multi post process shader script in a trigger zone.

I would use a few dim lights in the room such as deep red, red orange, yellow to create the flame glow on walls. Have them as dark as possible but just light enough to see. Placing the trigger zone in front of the door instead of inside the room would probably be better as the effect would be in process as you open the door not after you enter the room.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Attachments

Login to view attachments
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2014 20:53 Edited at: 26th May 2014 21:02
Quote: "Are you looking for an "animated" hud, correct?"

Yes, i wanted something that didn't use a lot of process power like Rolphy's rain and snow huds. I will give the post process shader that you and pirate myke suggested a try.

Thanks for the reply guys...

EDIT....

Sorry guys, i forgot to mention that i'm using V118 and i don't have a post processing folder. I also don't own bond 1 theater pack..

gamer, lover, filmmaker
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2014 20:53
Could you post a screenshot of the hud please?

Don't waste your life

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:32:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:32:31