My first post here folks, I don't intend any etiquette breaches if I do...
I am stuck... I am self taught in all of my disciplines otherwise but unfortunately Google is not helping me research what I am looking to learn how to do with video games. I think I need something that is super low-tech and its just outdated I guess.
I want to make a literal point and click PC style game using a relatively static image of my product, (a paper shooting targets filled with shapes and symbols called The SMART-TARGET), so that my students and the general public can get a feel for what it really means to value cCombative Cognition.
If my terminology is correct, I think I need a "game creator engine" in 2D or 1D even. The best example of the simplicity of what I'm looking to make would emulate some of the simple games on Lumosity. The parameters for what I need this game to do (my website www.TheSmartTarget.com) is as follows:
- Click "Start Game".
- A full size image of my SMART-TARGET appears, then a 5 second count down begins.
- Randomly an audible description of a shape, number or misc description is played to indicate the threat which will be selectable on the the game screen.
- If correctly selected there will be an affirmation chime and then immediately the next threat clue is given. If wrong there will be a clunk sound or similar.
- This will carry on briefly and become more difficult as each new level is entered.
- It would be great if I could allow for a basic login and let folks keep track of their scores and how they rank against each other too, but that isn't required.
The purpose of an interactive game is to help people who wish to improve their self defense capabilities, appreciate the difficulty of a video game with the juxtapose of using a firearm on my paper target at their local shooting range.
Ok, Im sure I have said more than I need to. I appreciate any suggestions or advice, even if its to relocate this post to a more appropriate location.
Thank you for your contributions in my endeavor.
Stay safe and stay on target.