Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / i need help from nuclear glory guy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
k i got the dll but i tried it and it wont work and i put the exact code from ur game that it comes with it and it still didnt work. i have gone over it like thousands of times but it still wont work so maybe pleaz could sum1 go thru my code and see wats wrong i simplified everything like theres no textures or anything. please help well anyone that knows how to use the dll.
just so ya guys kno i have dbc and the dll is the one that you can get from nuclear glorys site. thank you so much.

tim
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 05:37
www.nuclearglory.com on the left there is a customer support box down low that says "We Are Online!" if they can chat live. I just chatted with them 10 mins ago,,so go check.

RPGamer

Dont forget to Join the Forums!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 05:38
yep i just checked they are online

Dont forget to Join the Forums!
nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2003 05:41 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2003 05:52
I'm looking at the code.

Give me a bit to examine it.

EDIT:

BTW, thanks RPGamer.

Okay, at anytime during the program are you calling the:

LoadCollisionObject(FileName$)

function?

I don't actually see an external model being loaded anyplace in the code. Perhaps it's from the simplification you made?

Feel free to send your external model and full source to: mdd@nuclearglory.com and I'll look it over and see if I can locate the problem. (You shouldn't have to send me the textures)

Hope we can figure it out

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro: http://www.nuclearglory.com
skater1
Years of Service
User Offline
k i sent em yesterday. well if you figure it out then can you put it on the post because if you im em to me then ill probobly delete it without seeing it. thanx

tim
nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings,

I did send an email to you. You must not have received it. Here's what I said:

The 1.5 DLL (the one the is available for DBC currently) is too limited for your code. It allows you to load on external 3DS/X model, and then test the player start/end points against it, and it will give you the new slide position against that single loaded model.

You load the external model by calling:

LoadCollisionObject("your_world.x")

and the player would collide against that single world object.

We are making a DBC compatible version of our latest version (2.01) and it can handle multiple objects and should be able to meet your needs very well.

Our latest 2.01 is A LOT more powerful, almost everything was changed and upgraded to make it handle large scale projects. So, the best I can say is to wait for our upcoming 2.01 release for DBC.

We expect the release within a week.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro: http://www.nuclearglory.com
skater1
Years of Service
User Offline
well its not that bad im askin for pro for christmas. so im gunna buy the pro version of the 1.5 or watrever. thanx for tryin.

tim

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 12:09:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 12:09:46