Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Tier 1 (BASIC) Publishing for Mac - Is Something Missing?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2014 20:50 Edited at: 29th Jul 2014 23:03
Has anyone been able to follow the directions here:

Tier 1 (BASIC) Publishing for Mac

for the second part (creating your own mac application, not just using the player) ?

I get 14-23 errors in Xcode just from the stuff provided by AppGameKit / TGC (they are posted lower in the thread, by request)

i am using 108.21 now, which is nice, and was current until yesterday.
Also using Xcode 5.1.1 on a mac mini.

thanks,
bob

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 19:58
Quote: "i am using 108.21 "

This is probably the issue, I remember Ancient Lady going on about templates A LOT so this is something TGC needs to update, but then again I have yet to perform a setup of any kind with AppGameKit in another IDE...

Look for her threads, But I could be wrong...

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 10:21
I did it back with 108.19 for dFenz. It worked.
I wouldn't doubt that xCode or AppGameKit has changed so much that it no longer works properly. Publishing for Mac isn't asked for all that much.
Paste the errors here and maybe I'll remember something.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2014 21:57
I haven't tried to publish anything in Mac.

But I recently found some time and recreated my company and tried to build my WIP. I hadn't changed any code or AppGameKit or anything. But Xcode and the Mac had updated. Now I have over 20 errors about things not found.

I have been meaning to post about this and haven't quite had the time to try and capture and display the errors.

I had thought it was using AppGameKit 108.21, but my 108.19 versions had the same link issue.

This applies to both iOS and Mac.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2014 22:00
Are they linker issues? I had a bunch at one point because something happened with the directory structure. Check the search paths in the build settings to make sure they are right. I think an xcode upgrade might have messed them up, was a bit of a headache!

IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2014 21:41 Edited at: 29th Jul 2014 23:03
I would appreciate the help. I will try to post some shots today.

[edit] OK, here they are:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2014 09:10
It's been a long time now since I've even touched AppGameKit on my mac (I have pretty much given up until things get easier/fixed) but the problems you're facing might be 32 bit/64 bit related. AppGameKit AFAIK is all 32 bit and it looks like you're building for 64 bit (may explain the pointer issues). Try playing around with the schemes to see if you can make it build for 32 bit. It could make things better...or worse so no promises unfortunately.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2014 09:42
Would have replied sooner, but never saw the added images because you did them via edit. Well.. they aren't the issues with the linker that I experienced before. I'm not sure if we built dFenz for 32 or 64 bit, but I'm betting we went with 32 bit for compatibility. So that's worth a try. Unfortunately it looks as if I have deleted the xcode project for dFenz for Mac.
If changing to 32-bit is a no-go then please show the lines of code with the actual errors. Might be they can be fixed.

However... I just loaded up the mac interpreter under 32-bit and I don't get any errors on the pointers. I do however get 12 errors for references to quick time.

There was an issue reported with something like this
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=209501&b=41
In January... no idea if it was ever addressed. I'll see if I can get some info from Paul on it.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2014 19:41
OK, I was apparently using an old interpreter when I was trying...
Updated to the new interpreter and I get the same issues as IBOL, but only after ""updgrading to the latest recommended setings" to the new xCode.
So here's what's happening:
When you update to the new xCode project settings it drops 32-bit from the Architectures.
To fix this go to Build Settings then in Architectures change Architectures for Debug and Release to 32-bit Intel i386 ONLY. Then in Valid Architectures remove the x86_64 lines so that there is only i386. You should now be able to switch the Build scheme to My Mac 32-bit, this should actually be the only one listed in the upper left near the play and stop buttons.

Hope this helps! It worked for me. I've asked Paul to update the online docs with this info.

IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2014 22:26
@Naphier,

Wow, super thanks, and especially for going to Paul about it.

I will try this probably this weekend. Sounds easy.

But everything SOUNDS easy...we'll see

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2014 22:34
It was easy. Give us a shout if you're stuck.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2014 00:05
Just an FYI - finished building my project - pretty much everything works fine, but for some reason ResumeMusic() doesn't work correctly. The engine thinks music is playing, but it isn't audible. Most annoying!

IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2014 07:02 Edited at: 1st Aug 2014 07:08
Thanks for all the help, weekend would be soonest I can sit down with this. It's not a small thing in my house...

I'm in the middle of a pretty intense beta.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:29:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:29:17