Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2014 23:07 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2014 10:38
Translated with Google.

Title: House
Engine: FPS Creator X9
Version: fpsc_unoffcial_v1.20final_b
Genre: Survival-Horror
The setting: the modern time
Developer: Nikita aka hukuta94 aka Scripter
Date of start of development: 01.06.2014
End Date of development: unknown

Description:
A unit consisting of 4 people, was sent to the military exercises to practice tactical maneuvers. A training operation is scheduled for 23:00. By this time the weather changed dramatically, there was a heavy rain. There was zero visibility and a helicopter, which went to the planned route, might go astray. Nevertheless, it was decided to land a detachment of groups of 2 people at two different points at a distance of 2-4 kilometers. Regrouped with his detachment, you will need in the current situation to determine your location and go to a collection point for the beginning of training operations. But on the way a group of alpha faces the emergency situation and remains virtually autonomous. No this was not ready. They found the living dead, which barely managed non-combat weapon with ammunition. Under heavy rain and zero visibility Alpha finds in the woods house in which escapes the insane dead. Evacuation in the area impossible. Will the squad survive until morning? Can you bring all the fighters out of this nightmare alive?

Features:
-Sound Engine proprietary recreates unprecedented in FPSC X9 atmosphere and immersion in the gameplay!
Optimization-game locations.
Large open-world (relative to FPSC X9).
-Clever gameplay, uncharacteristic of a typical "kreatovschine."
-Smart and advanced AI enemies and allies.
-The helicopter, which can fly.
-Weather and natural effects

Sound Engine:
Sound engine was developed by me personally at the beginning of June 2012. Then this technology has just appeared and was complicated in terms of use and editing. On one character, only his scoring, Sound Engine took the slightly less than half of the resources FPSC and worked on the latest patches. Since that time, it seemed that the atmospheric 3D sound on this end. And so it happened.
Two years later, in the same month development was resumed. Rather, there was active work on optimization and adaptation Sound Engine to any version of FPSC. And so it happened. Sound Engine become applicable to a variety of events in the game. The main feature is that it can be used for "cyclical" sounds so-called "loops". Now there will be a standard "bbls" engine, which is heard from any corner of the map, regardless of the location of the player. Sound Engine makes the game a little better.

Optimization:
The main distinguishing feature of my new project "House" that I use in the game is quite large (by the standards of FPSC) open area, which is crammed with objects, and in which there are many events. The secret is simple. Abandon statics. What are the benefits? Less memory is consumed by rendering and rendering objects in the game that allows you to increase the number of objects used in the level. Just as it is in many expensive commercial projects, off a "conflict" to all these objects. Agree, why do we need to calculate the collision of rock that is in the place where the player can not enter. But what about the places where the events occur? Additionally invisible wall blocks. Unfortunately, such an approach to the creation of very heavy levels of logic entity, which may cause some malfunction browser. This method must be used wisely and "rep" level objects where the player is.

Advanced and intelligent AI:
There are no secrets. All work makes DarkAI. And in the capable hands DarkAI virtually no load FPSC! The main rule that I follow every time I write a script for the bot script should be as simple and less resource intensive. Able to prioritize where they are most needed. Why do characters always active when it is next to the player? I use the 3-4 line script DarkAI, and the rest is only a description of the character animation and motion. I added the allies' damage model. "Ie bot, the same "people" like you. He can not defend themselves if it pressed a few zombies. He is not physically able to hold up arms and fire, will shrug and take damage from bumps. But this does not mean that he is stupid and useless. In this game until you ally, you will always be sure that your partner will cover the rear.

Opportunity to get on board the helicopter:
I have to say, this idea is a recent development. Ability to create a helicopter ride to the player on board the reality. And I plan to make a level where we can ride in a helicopter. More information yet.

Weather and environmental effects:
Effects of implemented until two "3D rain" and "Waterfall". They all use the Sound Engine. As it turned out, in practice, very resource 3D rain and I had to turn down the intensity in favor of performance.

Gameplay:
In the game you will find a fascinating and sometimes disturbing gameplay. I do not create the corridor typical "kreatovschinu" apart from here and there bots with standard scripts. In each location its events occur and so throughout the level. At most, you'll have to defend the house with his buddy on the force. Not ruled out joint operations with allies. I can tell you that the house is safer than on the street.

Screenshots:
[url=http://hostingkartinok.com/show-image.php?id=641d592641b083424b0d86e5b03ceb51]

[/url]
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2014 02:49
Sounds awesome! I hope you finish this!

Don't waste your life
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 21:50
Any news?

Don't waste your life

hukuta94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2014 16:39
A dude, project in progress. I fix any bugs and try make beta-test game.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2014 17:38
Well, I think (looking at the screenies) the implementation of FPSCC fog without diverting the eye towards imperfection is a great thing. Also, a great balance for the ambience level.

But, I would like to point it out that, although at some points something or the other was nice, but the game does not display the graphical intensiveness as that of the various games made by the senior members of the forums, like Wolf, Rolfy, Bugsy et cetra. At places the boundaries of the hills/cliffs look too 'boundy'; a few static entities, like small rocks should be used to fill up the space. Also, the house where the main story is based in should be eye candied a little more. And to properly populate the environment with grass is a necessity (you can get TheK's Grass Pack from fps-files.net). And please try to move towards JFletcher's weapons as ErrantAI's weapons are getting too repetitive.

And a very best of luck for the onward development. And please take the criticism positively. Any advice on the level design, you can post back in your thread.

hukuta94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2014 09:21
Thank you very much for your feedback! I'll make sure I will consider all the comments!
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 08:15
Another suggestion, the FPSCC fog does not work well with shaders. So try to use as much less shaders as possible. If you want to use some shaders I would recommend the SSAA shader by Bond1. And for the weapons, CyborgART's weapons are also very awesome because some of them have extended animations, like hitting a switch, two types of melees, grenade throwing anims, various types of gun draw and gun change/hide/holster animations. Hope you upload some screenies.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 05:03:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 05:03:29