Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How can i make guns with animations instead of models?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 05:21
i know how to record my hand using a camera and flopping it around and converting it to .gif blablabla etc. But i want to know how i can turn all the animated pictures into one whole gun to use in my game. Does anyone know? Because modeling is too stressful. Please, fpscworm@gmail.com email me, it's too hard to understand the layout on this forum, [ very sorry that i said that ; ]. There is no reply button.

I am Yoshondue, i love Fps creator projects. I love to chat online and i do draw and advert my drawins on Deviantart.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 02:37
You don't use animated gifs for weapons. you use direct x 3d models. Are you sure you're on the right forums?

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Y0shondue
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 03:25
@seppgirty: Get out of my way man, i am trying to get nice people to reply. Respect my questions and me for who i am. I am very know-ing of using the correct forums

I am Yoshondue, i love Fps creator projects. I love to chat online and i do draw and advert my drawins on Deviantart.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
With the animated video texture you might be able to. If you associate an entity to the camera with an invisible gun. It would take some really good scripting to make it work.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
This is simply not possible without modding the source! an entity connect to the camera must have a special form and a lot of scripting work. So it is more complicated to do it so, instead of moddeling it. Also you just have a limited space for videotextures, so at the end you just can have one weapon like this.

Also do not be rude. Some of us aren´t good at english so sometimes it sounds harsh, but the most of us are really nice seppgirty is!

Games make the world better
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 21:22
You'd have to mod the source to get this working.

This would be even more difficult than modeling them in 3D.

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I did this in the past with vanilla for one of cp's scifi packs. Plystire wrote the script. I will see if I can find the script. I originally wanted it to resemble lewis' helmet without project blue. However that was just a dynamic entity with bumpreflect shader. I don't know if it would work with the video textures.

I will see if I can do a proof of concept this weekend.

@ Wolf, I agree modeling it would be faster and less hassle.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is what I based the idea off of. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbympmYW6Y

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I found the script.

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 01:53
Not trying to give you a hard time buddy but you said.

Quote: " it's too hard to understand the layout on this forum, [ very sorry that i said that ; ]. There is no reply button."

@corno_1

Quote: "Also do not be rude. Some of us aren´t good at english so sometimes it sounds harsh, but the most of us are really nice seppgirty is!"

Thank you.

It sounded to me like he wants to do something like the original DOOM. A pseudo 3d game with 2d gifs.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, the script was from project blue. Someone with more time could use the third person scripts from here to make the same thing.

According to the post it says
Quote: "*This is all done in stock FPSCreator v1.19 and v1.20"

Hope this helps. I will still try to see if I can get a proof of concept later, I just knew it could be done.

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 19:02
Are you trying to go for a specific style by recording your own hands? Or are doing that simply because you can't model them yourself?

I could see a lot of issues in trying to do guns as a HUD. I mean it is completely possible using scripting but my God that would take forever to get down right. Also I don't believe animated frames are supported in FPSC for HUDS so you'd have to do it frame by frame.

I'd say it be easier to try to learn how to model than it would be to try to get image HUDs in as hands.

(Teabone)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:37:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:37:05