Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Slender pages???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi there, Anthony here, for this new game I'm making, I would like to know if there's a way to have a variable for an object... EX pages to be collected and to have music change and to be able to escape the area...

Anthony Gonzales
FazeoR
Years of Service
User Offline
I wouldn't actually mind having that script for my upcoming horror game. Where you collect objects and the more you have the more dramatic the music gets. If anyone knows how to do this please help us out.

Cheers! FazeoR
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
This ironically is something I made for my game, Im doing a similar collect the objects thing, so i laid out a spreadsheet with 28 items and assigned them all a variable so item 1 is globalvar=1 and item 2 is globalvar=2 etc etc, then in each variable i gave it a collected value, so page 2 for example would be globalvar=2, and when it is collected it would set that var to 1 to indicate to the game the player has that page.

Now in mine I have an inventory script that when launched checks each items variable and if that item has been collected places a hud image in the relevant slot in the inventory.

When the item gets used it sets that items globalvar to a value of 2 to indicate to my other scripts that the item has been used

eg

if the player collects page 9 its sets globalvar=9,setvar=1 the 1 indicating its been collected, if it is used for any reason the command is run again only this time setvar=2 telling the inventory system that the item has been used

so use globalvar=1 for page one, globalvar=2 for page two and so on, then when each page is collected set that pages variable to 1, and then have a script or section of code that checks all 8 variables are set to a value of 1 (indicating the player has all 8 pages) and generate a win scenario (i didnt bother to look into how to do that i just use plrmoveto=Win Zone lol..so lazy i know )

anyway hope this helps, I was itching to share my new inventory system with the community as the one that inspired me to make it was really cumbersome lol, i think the download was over 16mb and had just tonnes and tonnes of unneccesary codes and i just love using variables lol)

smoke em if you got em

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:22:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:22:08