Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 20:50
uh i need some code for makin buttons

codemaster
D I G I T A L
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 01:52
buttons can be either images, objects, or sprite. id use images.
ud load ur button image on the screen and set its X axis and Y axis.
then give it a mouse check (if mousex()<= x1 and mousex()>=x2 and mousey()<=y1 and mousey()>=y2) and inside this IF statement put another mouse check for clicking (if mouseclick()=1 then goto game)
u can do so with sprite and objects.
hope i helped

‘Those who ignore the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them’ (Napoleon)
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 04:28
Codemaster - CALM DOWN. Your asking way too many questions for just starting out. Read through your manual and study the commands. I read that you are 10 and that you are having parents help. Thats great. Go thru commands with them, but make sure that you keep everything under control.

Start small, code pong or any other basic game. Dont start off with a big project, youll just get all confused and end up asking tons of questions to get the community annoyed with you.

Just calm down and read the reference manual, do some research and learn how things work before jumping into any big games.

RPGamer

Dont forget to Join the Forums!
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2003 23:37
parents helping!?
i already made two 3d games a flight sim and a game where a giant tries to stomp on you

codemaster
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2003 00:02
if you have made those, then why would you need help gettin the santa model (in other post) why would u need help with buttons? even i can make buttons, and if you look at my name.... well... that describes me

You did what? For who?! For how many jellybeans?!?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:48:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:48:51