Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Is it possible to export DB program into Movie Files?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to use DarkBasic (Original) to create a 3D animation and then export it into a movie file (.mpg, .avi, etc.)

if so, how?
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 23:22
I'd say you need to get some capture software. You'd then need to run your program and record the program windows out to an avi, then compress to mpeg etc...

Hope it helps,
Cheers.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 06:07
What you would need to do is get each frame and save it as a numbered file. Most movie editor software can read in sequentially numbered bitmaps to make a movie.

I imagine that the process would be like this: do 3D stuff, get image, make memblock from image, write memblock to file. Wash, rinse, repeat.
--
TAZ
tux_racer
Years of Service
User Offline
What you are talking about is called Machinima and what you need to get is VirtualDub (Free) or FRAPS ($30)
I was wondering if anyone else had thought of using db for that purpose... that's one of my plans...
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 18:03
Search the forums, somewhere I posted an example that does this for another fellow. In his code, he actually sets up key frames and the camera flys from one 'snapshot' to the next.
--
TAZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 14:43:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 14:43:51