Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Video Game Awards Results

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 05:50 Edited at: 5th Dec 2003 06:12
In case, you miss the Video Game Awards on SpikeTV. I thought it was pretty cool except for the host David Spade, I thought he was very boring! Here are the results. Some of them I don't agree with.

Best 2004 Game- Madden 2004

Best Animation in a game- DOA Beach Volleyball (They had the sexy DOA Girls there)

Best performance by Human- Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Best game based on a movie- Enter the Matrix (I don't agree, due to the list of bugs it had in it.)

Most addictive game- Soul Caliber 2

Best Action Game- True Crime: Streets of LA

Best Driving Game- Nascar 2004

Best Fantasy Game- Night's of the Old Republic

Best Sports Game- Tony Hawk Underground (Don't agree with, Madden is better.)

Best Online Game- Final Fantasy 11 (This game is not even out yet.)

Best FPS- Call to Duty

Best PC Game- Halo

Best Handheld Game- Splinter Cell (Don't agree)

Best Fighting Game- Smackdown Hear comes the pain (I really don't agree with this. Soul Caliber 2 is much better and graphically better,)

Most Anticipated Game- Halo 2 (I really can't wait for this game to come out next year.) How can they vote on these kind of games like Half-Life 2, Doom 3 or Halo 2 if they haven't even come out yet. Half-Life 2 could came out on Sept 30, 2003, but some kind of hackers hacked 1/3 of their game source code. I read that in a magazine.

Best music on a Video Game- Def Jam Vendetta

Well that's the end of that, I hope that the 2nd annual will be much better!!!

TheDesktops Software
Current Project: Soul Shooter 2004
Overall Game: 6.8% done
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 06:02
'Best 2004 Game- Madden 2004'

'Best game based on a movie- Enter the Matrix (I don't agree, due to the list of bugs it had in it.)'

'Most Anticipated Game- Halo 2 (I really can't wait for this game to come out next year.)'

'Best FPS- Call to Duty'

WHAT THE...

Best FPS going to Call of Duty is just crazy. And Most Anticipated Game is definatly either Doom 3 or Half-Life 2. Best movie-game IMO goes to Pirates of the Carribean, a sadly underrated and very fun game. And anyone who gives any award except a sports-exclusive one to a Madden title needs brain surgery.

But thanks for the update !

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
"Quote-And anyone who gives any award except a sports-exclusive one to a Madden title needs brain surgery"

Mouse, I was thinking the same thing!! Why would they give Madden the best 2003 game of the year. I would see if they gave Jak 2, or True Crime the best of the year, but Madden. Give me a break!!! Just remember this is the first year and time ever for a video game awards show.

TheDesktops Software
Current Project: Soul Shooter 2004
Overall Game: 6.8% done
Neophyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 06:26
@thedesktops

"Half-Life 2 could came out on Sept 30, 2003, but some kind of hackers hacked 1/3 of their game source code."

Actually, they stole all of their source code for HL2, HL1, Team Fortress, and some of their tools. The reason HL2 is delayed is so that they can change 2/3 of the code so all of the little aim-bots that some disreputable individuals are certainly working on won't work.
Neophyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 06:27
oh, and Best Fighting Game Smackdown Hear comes the pain? Pleeasse! Soul Calibur 2 so rocks that game. They must be paid to say these things.
TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 07:26
Quote: "Best FPS going to Call of Duty is just crazy."

Call of Duty is one of the Best FPS this year...

Im hard pressed to find a better one (thats released)...

Amist the Blue Skies...
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 08:46
Agreed, Call of Duty is extremely good and runs on a simple Quake 3 engine. My favourite FPS this year, so far.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 09:44
Hmmmph... I don't see how it can possibly beat Halo...

A very nice %it, indeed.
WOLFY
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you guys ever played Smackdown? It is a GREAT game. I know that most of you probably aren't wrestling fans (I RARELY ever watch it myself), but you really don't have to be to enjoy the game. It has BY FAR the very best create a character that I have ever seen. There are a ton of different match types, a great story-mode, and some of the best interactive backgrounds that I have ever seen.
Wrestling games are just another breed of figthing games. I have yet to see a "fighting" game with 10% of the stuff that is in this version of Smackdown.

Call of Duty was a great FPS. It dosn't bother me at all that it was named best. Some of the boards were redundant and overall the game was way too short... BUT there were a couple parts of the game that were truely powerfull. It is the first time that I have ever played a FPS and really felt like I was part of a squad instead of the only REAL person in the game. Also the Sound FX are some of the best that I've ever heard.

Madden also deserves best overall game. The options are second to none. I could see how you wouldn't agree though if you aren't a football fan.

Anyway, just my 2 cents

WOLF

HOOOWWWLLL!!!
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 21:03
No one noticed this...

Quote: "Best Online Game- Final Fantasy 11 (This game is not even out yet.)
"

Its out, PC. PS2 version isnt out yet. But I'm guessing that you live in Britian and its not out yet over there.

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512MB Ram NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 128MB
DevilLiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 07:43
Im also a wrestling fan and i also love Smackdown Here Comees the Pain obviously some of these guys haven't played it yet becasue that game rocks. I also really like Soul Caliber a lot too. but i have to go with Smackdown not because im a westling fan but because it has more to offer and also the graphics aren't that bad it's pretty darn good. So far i haven't been watching it on tv no more because it's so boring that recently im only watching some old school wrestling like the WWF, WCW, and good ole' NWA days with Rock n' Roll Express, Jeff Jarrett, barry windham, and Jerry lawler.
KNau
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 20:30
The VGAs were pretty lame - I love video games and yet I couldn't bring myself to watch them all the way through. On the other hand it's cool to see games being recognized by a mainstream audience even if it is a gimp like Funk Masta Flex and Spike TV.

The voting was allegedly done online so it explains how the awards could have easily been manipulated. There is no way that Enter the Matrix should have won best game based on a movie other than a million dribbling Matrix fanboys voting over and over.

http://www.canceriannewmedia.com
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 20:56
I know a few dribbling Matrix fanboys, and half of them had to admit that EtM was crap... there's really no way it could have won... I agree.

A very nice %it, indeed.
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
The VGAs sucked. It was mostly just American pop artists performing and commercialing other products.

In other words, the awards were all wrong because the award show sucked.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 22:44:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 22:44:40