Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Objects in DBPro..?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 18:22
Hello everyone, have just bought the Winter Bundle which includes DBPro. I haven't written anything in BASIC or Visual BASIC in donkey's years, the last time I did any programming was with C++ so I'm used to object-oriented programming.

Is it possible to use objects in DBPro..?

Haven't finished downloading it yet so don't know anything about it tbh

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 22:24
Quote: "I'm used to object-oriented programming.
Is it possible to use objects in DBPro..?"

Unfortunately not.
You can mimic OO behaviour using either custom memory structures and accessor / mutator and creation / destruction functions that take / return pointers to these, or use dynamic arrays containing data of custom "types" (structs). It can be quite tedious to set up and maintain however; there are no built-in concepts like classes or objects, DBPro is entirely procedural by design.

snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 00:08
Okay, thanks. That's a shame but not a big problem, thanks a lot!

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:44:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:44:15