Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Curiousity begs me to ask this...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 12:00
Will there ever be a version of Dark Basic that allows the creation of Web-apps? Is there anything like this planned for the future? Or will I just keep learning Java? Just wanting to know...

-Dave

Your soul...it tastes like chicken

Official Website Coming Soon
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 12:09
It's very, very doubtful. Very.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 12:45 Edited at: 5th Dec 2003 12:45
There's no reason you couldn't use a TCP/IP network plugin to act as a back end on the server. Just send in GET or POST requests to a specific port and let DBP do the work. Unfortunately, DBP isn't geared towards string, array or even database handling, so you'd be fighting a losing battle from the word go.

Secondly... JAVA? *spits*
Try using a language which doesn't have a 6MB footprint per instance. Get something like *drumroll* PHP!

Can I ask you a Question?
What is it?
It's an interrogative form of sentence, used to test knowledge. But that's not important right now.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 17:05
someone wrote a flash module plugin for DBP if you wanted an OOP language insert which is a component of web design with more features than php.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 22:37:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 22:37:51