Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Beginner here, and I need help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I read that AppGameKit 2 would be great for "beginners", which apparently means "beginners who already know how to code". In the sample codes provided, they always specify the screen size. How can I export to any device if I'm forced to specify the screen size? (I'm aiming for Android publishing, and ANY tutorials/advice would be greatly appreciated)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2014 23:13 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2014 23:13
Welcome to the AppGameKit Forums.

It is not the actual screen size you are specifying, it is the virtual screen size. One of the powerful features of AppGameKit is not having to code for every possible variation of device on the market.

Basically, you pick a screen size and make all your graphics and animations fit these dimensions. If the user has a larger or smaller screen, it will still look and behave the same.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
paulrobson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2014 18:37
AGK is relatively simple, but you won't learn to code from the samples, which aren't really designed for that. There are a couple of ebooks and probably some online tutorials as well.
LARCENIII
Years of Service
User Offline
So can you explain this in better detail please? Specifically how large is too large? Can you control aspect ratio to prevent stretching? Will stretching reduce performance?? What's the recommended usage?

L A R C E N ][ ][ ][

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:37:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:37:35