Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Parse error while trying to install apk file

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2014 00:20
hello, i have made an app using agk v2 (from steam) which runs fine on my pc and my phone (while broadcasting) but gives a parse error when i try to install the created apk (from the IDE -> create apk for android)

any help welcome

life's one big game
spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2014 12:08
I had this problem when trying to install an app I'd written onto my Samsung Galaxy Y (A terribly low spec phone).

In the end, it turned out it was because I was installing it from my OneDrive, when I installed from the store (using the same APK)it installed without any worries.

I also uninstalled a whole stack of unnecessary stuff from the phone to make sure it wasn't caused by lack of space.

smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2014 20:52
i havent tried downloading from the store yet, i will try that, thanks
i wasnt ready to upload it yet as it's not finished (is there a way to set it only for me even if i upload it? guess it doesnt matter if not though)

just in case it doesnt work...
i should also say my phone is a moto g 2nd generation so it's not low spec, i have more than enough memory as the phone is pretty much new without much stuff on it (i'm also very sure to move as much as possible to sd card when i install anything just because)

i also checked the "allow unknown apps" or whatever the exact setting name is so i can instal apps not from the store before moving the file (also restarted phone to make sure it took effect)

i have also tried putting it on both the sd card and internal storage with the same error given

i have tried multiple file browser apps (to select the apk)

life's one big game
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2014 22:49
You can upload an apk to alpha, beta or public release in the Play store. The 1st two are only accessible by people who belong to a google plus group which you specify, so you have control over who can download it.

Other than that I can't be any more help. I only encountered the error a handful of times one afternoon a month or so ago, the first and only time I have seen it.

Maybe try writing another quick test app, like a "hello world" or something just to test its working?

Hold in there though, I'm sure someone more helpful than I will come along soon

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2014 02:06
I've run into this a few times over the past couple of years. No clue why it actually happens, but seemed to have gone away after a new rebuild. Is this persistent still?

smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2014 21:43
well i was kinda hoping to just test it without having to do the upload stuff but it's done now (just waiting for it to process on the google store) took hours to actually figure out how to get it all working with many errors returned but i got there... wish there was a guide for that, the requirements are so strict on naming and such, lol

was also looking at how to use ads but gave up on that as all the guides seem to be outdated and relate very vaguely to programs i didnt have (which i tried to install and use but didnt work correctly)
is there a new guide around or some quick info on how to actually get the ads working?

i have the code inside my app (looks correct from the tutorials)
i have registered with admob and selected my app
now please can anyone tell me what do i have to do with these sdk's and/or eclipse/studio stuff?

life's one big game
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 13:29 Edited at: 28th Nov 2014 13:35
Assuming that you are using Tier 1 (AGK Basic through it's own IDE, rather than Tier 2, which is using Visual Studio and C++) As far as adverts go, it's as simple as this...

You can also make banner adverts using the CreateAdvert() and CreateAdvertEx()commands.

The AppGameKit Editor is quite capable of making a working APK which is uploadable to the store. Use the File > Export Project > As Android APK.

If you want to use Eclipse to create your own APK, then there is an updated how to guide >here<, but this is targeted at AppGameKit v1, so I'm not sure how applicable it's going to be. Probably easier if you know how eclipse works.

smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 20:47 Edited at: 30th Nov 2014 20:15
Quote: "when I installed from the store (using the same APK)it installed without any worries"

thanks, it installs correctly from the store so i guess it's a permissions error somewhere.

yes i'm using tier 1 (didnt know what the difference was so thanks for explaining )
edit: yep ads working correctly now, thanks for all the help

life's one big game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:21:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:21:57