Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / New version of my SQLITE plugin with (hopefully) BLOB/Memblock support!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2014 14:44 Edited at: 21st Dec 2014 18:15
Hi All,

Here is the link to my original SQLITE plugin (and the link leads to other useful links too):-

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=206418&b=8

Anyway, since then, I have had a first stab (pre-Alpha!) at introducing some commands which allow you to push in and pull out files (can't sort memblocks) from your Sqlite3 database. If it works, the advantages are obvious. You can save in files of images, sounds, meshes, even arrays in to your database and then pull them back out again as files which you can load in to DBPro.

I should say thanks to Rudulpho, Phaelax, Ortu, Freddix and others for all the help they've given with understanding playing pointers in and out of tpc plugins, memblocks etc. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get memblocks working but I have I think got files in to blobs etc.

I would be really grateful if someone with some knowledge of SQLITE could test this very pre-alpha version of my plugin to destruction and report back - with particular focus on all the Blob commands?

I should say I've add some further functionality and lazy commands and 'superstring' commands with further Array commands to make it easier for people to muck around with tables.

I've created further export commands including to expert to .xml

Here is the new command list (now 174 commands!):-

Enjoy!

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2014 15:26 Edited at: 30th Nov 2014 17:05
Have posted a quick revised version above. Hopefully will now work!

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2014 00:11 Edited at: 1st Dec 2014 00:12
Nice man, I will have a look at it and mess around.

One other thing I would put on a wishlist for this plugin is to be able to access query results by column name as an overload to the current access by column number such as:

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2014 15:16
@ Ortu, All,

OK. I've re-done the latest version of my SQLITE plugin.

It now relies soley on you using memblock pointers correctly.

Also, I've accomodated Ortu's wishlist, sort of.

Also, now 167 commands in place!

Attachments

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2014 15:52
Quote: "SQLITE RECORD ROW INTEGER BY COLUMN NAME"

That works, thanks!

Sorry man, i haven't had a chance to try out the memblocks yet, but i haven't forgotten about it

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2014 16:46 Edited at: 4th Dec 2014 17:00
@ Ortu,

Don't bother - try as I might I still can't get the memblock functions working....

May revert to creating commands to play files in and out of blobs - easier.

Well, at least I've added some more general functionality to the SQLITE plugin...

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2014 18:16 Edited at: 21st Dec 2014 18:16
@ Ortu, All,

OK. Totally failed on the memblock front but I think I've managed to create commands to push in and pull out named files as blobs.... which is second best but still darned handy.

I've also created export commands to xml.

Please can you beta test?

New 174 commands, command set!:-

Attachments

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2014 07:26
Grabbed the new version, may not get to it until after the holidays, but I will definitely let you know how it goes!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:43:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:43:30