Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Best way to earn money through games on android?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 15:49 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2014 16:37
Hi there,

while I know that Android may not be the best target for making good money through games, I am wondering what could be the "best" method to do so.

I thought of:
- selling a game (maybe also providing a free demo version)
- using in-app-purchases (iap)
- using ads (including iap to remove the ads)
- giving away the game for free and showing a "donate" button

But which of these options is the most lucrative?
After a bit of squishing my brain, I figured that using iap may be the best choice for a multiplayer-game that uses currency and resources (the "clash of clans" principle) and using ads may be best for a jump 'n run.

Are here any users that earn money through their games on android who could give a short feedback about this?

Yes, I am aware that I sound like a caveman to native english speakers
Pong Clone 2k14 {Android}
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2014 17:59
Quote: "After a bit of squishing my brain, I figured that using iap may be the best choice for a multiplayer-game that uses currency and resources (the "clash of clans" principle) and using ads may be best for a jump 'n run."

i would say you pretty much covered it there, it really depends on the game type and the price.

i see some games with ridiculously high prices on IAPs which might be great if they get a few sales but honestly setting lower prices and getting more sales would likely be better -> more people playing = more referral = more people = more sales (IAP has the biggest income potential)

selling the game is the same thing as IAPs really but if you have a game worth selling that wouldn't really suit IAPs then it's the best option to go for (combined with the ads for the free option it's pretty standard)

ads are really hard to judge, they are more of the low income but will always be there without any effort

donations are unlikely to make much at all but you never know.

life's one big game
spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
Pristine Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Sometimes the best gimmick is to make something truly awesome.
That said, slight multiplayer aspects incourage me, personally to tell my friends about stuff. For example i went through some mmo with some friends I nagged into playing. More people playing = More chance for money.

Call me Eric

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:30:43
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:30:43