Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / finding or creating a high-res icon or feature graphic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2014 19:19
I have created and tested my app on my Android tablet and all is well but now I am having trouble publishing it to Google Play. When I ask, WHY CAN'T I PUBLISH? I am told,

You need to complete the points below before you can publish your application.
You need to add a high-res icon. [English (United Kingdom) – en-GB]
You need to add a feature graphic. [English (United Kingdom) – en-GB]

How do I create a high-res icon or feature graphic and what are they anyway? I've tried to Google the answers but am getting nowhere
MASTER OF PUPPETS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2014 09:55 Edited at: 27th Dec 2014 09:57
I've not published anything as of yet, so others will have better insight, but this link should help as a start: http://developer.android.com/distribute/tools/launch-checklist.html

|,,|, (Dead Knot Broken) ,|,,|
CodeMonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2014 16:09
IcoFX will create an icon file from and image, containing several different resolutions. It also has the option to replace the icon of an executable.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2014 00:15
the icon is the "button" people will click on to open your game - you can create this yourself pretty easy
not sure what the feature graphic is used for but i think it's just a display screen shot same as the others you uploaded

life's one big game
spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2015 01:55
In the app's store listing page on the developer portal toward the bottom under the area where you upload screenshots there is Hi-res icon (512x512 PNG) and Feature Graphic (1024x500). You need to upload those. There's no help on the web for it because all of the info is right on that page
These are the images that show in the store listing header and icon.
Make these in Photoshop or GIMP, whichever you have available.

Rob from Scotland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2015 10:06
Thanks for all the help. I have managed to publish my app (yesterday)and await its appearance in the Google play store. Only then will Iknow if I was succesful.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:59:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:59:41