Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 19:42
I have used quite a few 3D packages from Maya to Cinema 4d and from Milksahpe to others that have ben recommended on these forums but nothing I make will show up when I load it. They are always saved in 3DS and X formats but when I do the load object command I get a blank screen for two minutes and then am kicked back to the code editting screen.

What's going on?

Games Games Games
KNau
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 19:45 Edited at: 6th Dec 2003 19:46
What's the code you are using to show your model? My first guess would be an error positioning your camera or not using SYNC. You could also turn on wireframe or turn off backface culling to see if there is an error in the exporting of your model (maybe it's inside-out).

http://www.canceriannewmedia.com
DarkAscent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 19:52
Just the normal load object "C:\blah blah blah.X",1 code with all the syncs intact, I've had the camera in multiple positions i.e. miles away from the action, far too close to the model or just right. But it does the exact same thing which ever way i do it. Even If I load the tutorial that has the code and exchange the model it shows for mine it still doesn't work. absolutely nothing I have tried works.

Games Games Games
KNau
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 20:01
Hmmmmm...time for some tests...try deleting your camera code and turning AUTOCAM ON. Also use OBJECT SIZE() and have it print the unit size of your object.

Lastly, try using a .3DS version of your object. It might be whatever your are using to export .X files is screwing up (it happened to me).

http://www.canceriannewmedia.com
DarkAscent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 20:05
Thanks I'll try that when I go home (unfortunately I don't have internet access so i have to use my grandads). Just some extra info. I have used 3DS files and they don't work either and I have even tried converting them to directX's .x files using the conversion program I got free with DarkBasic but still with no luck.

Games Games Games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:42:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:42:10