Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / shadow with negative lights in dbp?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 21:40
can anyone explain how to achieve this which sounds to be realtime shadowing with a negative light?

thank you
Darkflame
Years of Service
User Offline
I did this with DB ages ago, you simply set up a light to face an object at all times (ie, repositon it per loop), adjust the distance so its projection elipse matchs the rough shape of the object and make it negative.

I could give you my DB source code for the game i made if you want, it works, i think.
Problem is its part of a game, and since i switched to DBP i cant compile it
(too many errors and glitchs when you use DBP..).

"The man who says it cannot be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." ~ Elbert Hubbard
CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2003 13:34
well, i know your code, thats what i was looking for exactly because i didnt understand anything with how you set the coordinates of light:p

meanwhile, i also use dbp,so if you think it wont do any good to me, nevermind and please show me another way to make almost realtime shadows please.
thank you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:55:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:55:52