Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Transparent sprite...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
uhhh...¿is there any way to make a transparent sprite?, you know, alpha-blended sprites, 50% transparency....something like that...is there any way to do that?. Thanks

I'm a newbie
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2003 02:07
If you are using dbpro it's fairly easy.

Get a decent paint package and use .png files. Dbpro will use the inbuilt transparancy in the png file which I think has 256 levels of transparancy. It should be possible to save a transparent png file in all decent paint programs, photo shop, paint shop pro etc.
If you don't have one the gimp is a free alternative.
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/

Or you can load a normal image in and use SET SPRITE ALPHA

dbpro : p166mmx @ 233 : 256mb : sb 128pci : sis onboard
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks the_winch for your time but i'm using DB, not DBP. I tried a demo of DBP but it's veeeeery slow in my PC, so i'm using DB...thanks anyway

I'm a newbie
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2003 06:27
Check out the help files and it should show you a parameter option that you set to 1 or something like that and it will make anything with an rgb value of 0,0,0 invisible. But if you're looking for a transparent in which you can still see some of the sprite I don't think DBC has that.

juvy

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: The First Room (FPS)
Side Projects: SHIPWRECK, the boss's school project

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:54:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:54:33