Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Will I be able to learn it alright?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey everyone. i just bought a new dell 8300 with a great ati radeon 9800 xt and i do enjoy gaming on it. but i would like to be more creative now that i have the power (used to have a crappy 16mb integrated sis) but i have never been to good in any of my programming ventures and i am no good with graphics. so i really hope i may be able to code well in dbpro. do you think i will be able to? thanks for the opinions.

Dell Dimension 8300
Pentium 4 Processor at 3GHz w/Hyper-threading | 512MB DDR SDRAM | 256MB ATI Radeon 9800 XT | Sound Blaster Audigy 2
Alkaline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2003 06:31
do i think ur be able to do it? well it depends on how good of a coder u are and what abilitys u are good at.

~Might be new but ill be on the top...Just watch~
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2003 18:15
what have your previous programming ventures involved? you just gotta be determined really, it helps to know abit of maths/physics aswell but not essential.

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2003 06:30
Instead of sucking all the power out of your 9800 with your first project, try just using MS Paint to make some "lower-quality" sprites and make a 2d game so you can learn the basics of coding.

good luck,
juvy

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: The First Room (FPS)
Side Projects: SHIPWRECK, the boss's school project
DivW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 19:39
The most important things to a programmer are logic and determination. You need logic to write the code, because people who can't think logically can't follow the cursor properly as it runs through your code, if you know what i mean. YOu need to think out your loops and goto's. But that's nothing on Determination: if you're determined, then you'll be coding in no time. But remember to start small. You should learn DB no problem, it's really just what you do after that which makes a difference.

Your soul...it tastes like chicken

Official Website Coming Soon
DivW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 19:40
Wow. I just re-read that, i think it was the most useless thing i've ever posted.

It's easy enough to learn DB. Good Luck to ya.

Your soul...it tastes like chicken

Official Website Coming Soon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 12:05:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 12:05:48