Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Two Segments... And A Question!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2015 06:03 Edited at: 19th Mar 2015 06:08
Hello! Long time... No chat.

So I've been digging and getting into texturing once again, and after a few hours of fiddling with CG textures, I made a few textures. Some of these I'm including into this post as FREE SEGMENTS OMAGERDZ (For FPSClassic, I've not yet come around, not yet gained much interest in FPSC Reloadaded.) (No I'm not calling it Game-Guru.)... Anyways!;

The segments, fully shaded to bond1's suppah shader. please search for it if you don't have it in the Search box below.;

The question!

So I've been fiddling with textures, as you see, and I started using Kravenwolf's New Years Pack for a small sort of "Testy!" since I needed entities and his were incredible. This is what's happening. These textures are completely seamless, yet when I put them in individual walls for "Modular building" of sorts, the textures appear as with a running down seam that's utterly horrible. If you want to PM me to see that the textures are trully seamless I can, but to be honest, trust me, they ARE seamless.

(Note; I know these textures aren't quite... The best! To be honest I was halfway working through the texture and decided to test it before moving on, knowing of FPSC's unstability.)

Help me fix this issue, it also happens when I apply it with segments, but due to the way I am building this level testy thing, segments are tooooo awkward.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2015 05:19 Edited at: 20th Mar 2015 05:21
Hey DarkJames! I figured it out. The y offset values for the walls in the .fps files are set to -50. It should be zero. It should be -50 only for the floor mesh. And a question from my side - do you get working dynamic lightning with bond1's ps_3_0 shaders? If yes, then, what version of FPSC are you using? By the way, you could increase the intensity of the normalmaps to get a tastier effect. And the textures, as you stated, are truly seamless!

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
In the fps file? I'm pretty sure that's for segments, these are entities, however...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 04:00
Oh! You were talking about the seams! I thought about the half height of the segments. About the seams, they don't seem to occur on my side. Maybe you can increase the lightmap settings and see if the seams disappear. Or you can try to average them out in PS if you still have them in the texture which I suppose you don't have because I too don't have them. And from the next time I will be careful enough to read the whole post instead of just looking at the images like a child. Lol! :p

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
.. Um The seams do not occur on the semgents I put for download, that's just a freebie I threw there for the funzies, I mean the picture I put up, of entities that are not for download...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 13:23
Oh. If you need the Butcher's Backroom for download, then there is a link by Hockeykid to Mediafire I suppose.

If not, would you mind explaining the problem thru texts? My browser has been giving me some problems. So, I might miss a thing or two.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Um. I already have the entities. These are entities that are already IG. That picture is mine...

This picture

This is comprised of entities, made by Kravenwolf, I don't want the entities, I already have 'em. What I want is someone to help me fix why there are seams on the walls.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 04:14
I have the New Years pack and when you stated it I confused it for the Butchers Backroom pack. Lol! Sorry for that. I was a bit out of my mind then. For the seams try lightmaptexsize=512 lightmapquality=48. It seems that seams automatically appear if these settings are lowered in the setup.ini. And these seams are actually improperly lightmapped polygons. But I see that you are and old user and might already know that. And if that is not the problem and those seams are not in the texture then I don't seem to see any reason for the seams.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 05:58:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 05:58:09