Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / gif images?? grrr...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2003 04:44
is there anyway to load an animated gif image and play the animation? or let it run by itself? or, mabey even convert an animated gif image to .avi
well.. err... yeah... plz help.... just someway to load an animated .gif or convert to .avi

You did what? For who?! For how many jellybeans?!?

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2003 06:11
Hi Brogo,
It really depends on what you want to use the gif for. If you just want to use it as a cinematic or something then use LOAD ANIMATION, LOOP/PLAY ANIMATION, and PLACE ANIMATION; but if you want to use it for a sprite, you're going to have to deconstruct it frame by frame (saving each frame as a bitmap) and then use a bit of code that looks like this:

This example just uses 3 frames to save space. I recommend using the part in the loop in a function that you call during your main loop. If you need help taking apart the frames, you can just use Windows Movie Maker (I think it comes free with most PCs). Check how many frames per second, then move through the animation frame by frame, right-click the picture you see in the animation window, and save it as a bitmap.

Hope I helped(and not too much or too little, ),
juvy

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: The First Room (FPS)
Side Projects: SHIPWRECK, the boss's school project
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2003 22:20
whoops! i found out i wasnt having any trouble, it just wasnt loading correctly, u rbought that to my attanetion juvy, thanks..
i had the right syntax and everything but the tiniest thing was off, the slash, i did load animation "folder/anim.gif", 1 when i needed to do load animation "folder\anim.gif", 1
such a simple problem.... yet of course, i have trouble with it

You did what? For who?! For how many jellybeans?!?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:39:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:39:04