Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I need some advice

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I need some advice on how to correctly changing the collision type of entity characters.

Let me explain the reason for wanting to change the collision type to the entity characters. I had just recently installed the v1.20.018 update and it had resolved a number of issues. However, it also created some new issues.

Prior to installing the v1.20.018 update, I was able to use the spawn delay for entity characters with little difficulty of them hovering in the air. At the time, I was able to use workarounds to resolve this issue. However, now that I have installed v1.20.018 update the entity characters now spawn on the next level up when I use the spawn delay.

I had read in another post that the problem was collision box related and could be resolved by changing the collision type. I am not sure on how about to correctly change the collision type. I do have the entity workshop and I also have the FPI edit pad.

Side note: I did a test to see what was going on. I placed an entity character with the spawn delay in a room and I placed a activating trigger zone between the entity character and the player marker. When I ran the test game, I entered the trigger zone and the entity character spawned correctly on the floor and then immediately flew up through the ceiling and activated the AI script and began shooting at me through the ceiling. I returned fire at it through the ceiling. When the entity character was hit, it dropped down through the ceiling onto the floor and continued firing.

I would like to see if changing the collision type would actually resolve this issue. By resolving this issue I would regain a great flexibility in game creation that I once had. I do know that there is an unofficial update available that is supposedly to be able to correct this issue. However, the available unofficial update comes with a strong warning that the user of the update does so at the user’s own risk. To say that I am fearful of using that unofficial update would be an understatement.

I still have issues with health entities that weld to the wall dropping to the floor when they spawn at the start of the game. I also have the same issues with the wall lights that weld to the wall from the starship pack by CosmicProphet. None of the other entities I have that weld to the wall that are static or dynamic has this issue. Any advice on how to correct the issues with the aforementioned entities that weld to the wall would be helpful.

I also could use some advice on resolving issues with animated decals. Up until recently, I have been successfully using animated decals to accent the games I have created. Since the last official update that I have installed I am no longer able to use animated decals for my scenes. The problem is - is that they drop to the floor. Even if I lay them flat on a table, they will drop through the table to the floor. Any advice would be helpful.

Since the last update, Text Ease for FPS Creator is no longer viable using a trigger zone. The problem is when the player activates the trigger zone, the one line message created with Text Ease for FPS Creator flashes once for half a second. Any advice on resolving this issue would be helpful.

I wish you all my best regards.
Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2015 15:48
I think that this version maybe unstable. You will be better off uninstalling it and using version 1.20 17A instead. After this I recommend that you then install Nomad Mod - your games will then work properly and look totally awesome at the same time.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2015 17:42
Do the characters spawn WAY up or only a few inches above the ground? What are the scripts that you are using with the character/s? And try tuning a bit down to the update mentioned by Tectonic and see how it goes.

bossisly
Years of Service
User Offline
To Tectonic

My previous experience with removing updates from FPS Creator are impossible. I’ve tried using system restore and I even uninstalled FPS Creator and then reinstalled from the disk I received from the Games Creator and the updates were still there. I do not know if I am just lucky to have this oddity or if the cyber gods are angry with me.

Thank you for the information about the Nomad Mod it sounds exciting.

To Mriganka

When I ran the test game and activated the entity character using the trigger zone, the entity character spawn correctly on the floor without hovering then immediately jolted up through the ceiling to the next level. This seems to only happen when using the spawn delay. Entity characters that spawn at the start of the game do not have this issue.

The AI scripts I used for the spawn delay entity character was static and shoot.

I wish both of you. My best regards.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2015 08:10
I had a problem with DarkAI scripts as characters remained a feet above the ground. When using spawn delay with normal scripts they used to leave their shadow behind and what not!

bossisly
Years of Service
User Offline
Your question about what scripts I was using encouraged me to experiment with using other scripts. It seems there are only two scripts I can use for the entity characters with the spawned delay to appear and work correctly is using the strafe10 script in the main, and the shoot shoot10 script in the shoot.

When using any of the follow point scripts the entity character in spawn delay would spawn correctly, however, all of the follow point scripts functioned as the static script. When I used the do-nothing until provoked script, the entity character ran through a wall to get away.

I wish both of you My best regards.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:25:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:25:27