Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / trying to change the flammable script

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2015 06:11
hello ya'll.
im needing some help. im trying to change the decal that plays when an object explodes from a dustball to sommething like a fireball, but i cant find where that information is in the script. can someone help me?
thanks all.

"Bureaucracy is a challenge to be conquered with a rightous attitude, a tolarance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary." -Peters laws No. 15
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2015 06:48
Look in the "fpe" for the item in question (ou can use Notepad to open an "fpe" file). In the file there is a section such as the following example...

...taken from the item "smallview.fpe" located in "Files\entitybank\ww2\scenery\glass\"

The decal "glass_shatter" refers to the decal located in "Files\gamecore\decals\glass_shatter". Usually you can change the decal called to one you want (at least I can in my version). So in my example, if I want to have it use "glass shards", I would replace glass_shatter with glass_shards in the "decal0" line.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
some kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2015 07:23
thanks fox.
but when i tried that, it didn't work for the object in question that i was trying to fix. i even tried to add the decal code to the thing but it didnt work.
but it did work when i tried it on the windows. so im wondering if its deeper in the FPI.

I guess I'll keep experimenting on it. thanks for the info fox. i now know a little more about this mountian we call "code"

"Bureaucracy is a challenge to be conquered with a rightous attitude, a tolarance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary." -Peters laws No. 15

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:18:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:18:34