Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Chernobyl: Last Arrival (WIP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is my first game, so please be fair, but say what I should improve!

STORY:

You are sorting the crates in the storage, when you suddenly hear an anouncement: Evacuate Immediately! Everyone is screaming. Everyone but you. The People run out of the building, and the sun shining through the open door blends your eyes. You stay there, like paralyzed. It's been three days since that. You decide you've sat Long enough in this cold, dark metal place. (Fallout 3 hell yeah)You open the door. Thick air fills your nose. Everything is destroyed. Find your way to survive.

My first game: CHERNOBYL: LAST ARRIVAL
In this game, you play Dmitry Dyakov, trying to find a way to freedom, out of this catastrophe. Can you survive?

Screenshot one: (Attention, I made it a Little greenish to make it a Little more dramatic!)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2015 06:59 Edited at: 8th Aug 2015 07:01
I think you have sucessfully created a great atmostphere, but I would like to point a few things out. First, the environtment looks blocky. Try using a versatile set of of not so blocky building entities. Second, when making interactable buildings, segments become necessary, but try making them a bit more alive by adding a few pillars/columns, some structural props and add some csg to make it look more post apocalyptico. And you can try to alter the colour correction of the filmgrain/scanlines post-shader to have a more intence look at the scene if you have photoshopped the image instead of making it like that by default.

Deine Mutter
Years of Service
User Offline
Midtown, where the Mutation is already spreading like gas in a bottle.
A dark, quiet and lonely place. But is it really that lonely?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2015 19:38
Getting comments on your screenshots can't help you to create a worthwhile game

A map can create some cool screenshots but still look terrible once the player is moving inside it.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2015 04:15
reminds me of my first game radiate! have fun with this one. it looks pretty nice!

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Sep 2015 18:13
Quote: "Midtown, where the Mutation is already spreading like gas in a bottle. A dark, quiet and lonely place. But is it really that lonely?"

Lucky for the city, the inhabitants have been mutated into Super Ninja Street Sweepers!

Destruction is difficult to do well. In your second picture, there is no debris and it appears that the Ninjas did a great job of cleaning up. For a first game, until you are proficient at creating your own models and textures, you might want to try something a little easier.

Brian.

I'm sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
All Downloads are now HERE

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:38:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:38:02