Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Code fails on iOS but is OK on Windows

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2015 18:23 Edited at: 28th Oct 2015 18:24
I've just installed 2.0.14b on iOS and have tried to compile and run my latest project. I have been running it on Windows until now and all went well but now on iOS I can't use it.
The project compiles without issues and starts to run but then crashes with the error log below.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 01:10
It looks like somewhere in your code you are deleting something that no longer exists. The Windows version sometmes is forgiving of this.

Are you working in Tier 1 or Tier 2?

If it is Tier 1, you need to rebuild your iOS Player so that it matches the bytecode file created by the AppGameKit IDE.

What version of Xcode are you using?

Did you create a new Xcode project from the template in 104b or did you try to re-use a previous Xcode project?
Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 07:21
I don't know if it's Tier 1 or Tier 2 because I can never remember which is which - it's a ridiculous naming system! I'm using AppGameKit BASIC not XCode.
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 00:49
AGK Basic is Tier 1. Tier 2 is for C++.

So, since you are using Tier 1, the problem is probably a difference between the Player and AppGameKit IDE versions.

Newer versions of AppGameKit are not backwardly compatible.

Basically, your AppGameKit and Player versions need to be the same.

Did you use a new AppGameKit iOS template made with the same version as your Windows AppGameKit IDE?

If not, it won't work right and will fail with strange errors.

The compiled bytecode file created by the AppGameKit IDE builds things expecting the Player code to know how it was built.

When you create a Tier 1 project that is compiled, on any platform, it is basically using the same basic Player that you use on your iOS and Android devices to handle broadcasts from the AppGameKit IDE. The difference is that the compiled project has the bytecode file in the media directory, and other media, to execute when the project is built.

The Player on your devices, when started up, doesn't have a bytecode file in its media directory. So, it goes into a mode ready to accept one that is broadcast to it.
Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:11:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:11:28