Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / DLL SDK for Delphi. Is it Available ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2003 18:28
Maybe I can make some DLLs for DB.
Alberto Meyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 17:43
Nice forum. Very helpful.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 17:57 Edited at: 12th Dec 2003 18:03
Ah - a bit of sarcasm I see... Dont worry, you'll soon learn to use it well...

Anyhoo, lets disect this message to see why you had a lack of replies :

A) To what 'DLL SDK' are you refering, and in what context ? If its a general DLL SDK, there is no need for one. If its for DirectX, then I doubt there is a usable one for Delphi (especially not for DX8 upwards). If its a query about how to do DLL's in Delphi, then why not come out and say it ? No need to be shy, y'know.

B)
Quote: "Maybe I can make some DLLs for DB"

Is this to be regarded as a comment, or a question ? If its the former, then you can do what you like (within reason). If it's the latter, then the answer would be the same.
In addition, you dont state what sort of DLL's you may or may not be doing.

Mirrors are more fun than television. Well, that was fun, in a not-so-fun sort of way...
Alberto Meyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 20:07
Thanks for you reply. I know how to make DLLs in Delphi. In fact, I have made a lot of plug-ins for a large sort of applications (neobook, mmbuilder, delphi vcl) in the past years. About 2 years ago, I have made a lot of "plug-ins" for DB, even when DB didn't accept it, including a multiplayer dll. These tools was used for DBusers a lot, but, they was external, so a lot of people had difficulties do make it run. I have made a bass.dll wraper around 3 years ago. The major application was called dbHelper (1 and 2). I started a project call dbRadtools for a RAD development IDE for DB, but I stoped it for some private reasons. Now, DB accept DLLs, so it's easier for me to code things for DB.

About the SDK. Many languages have an "skeletal" dll framework to point developers about calling conventions, plug-in managment and other stuff. I think DB don't have it. I think I will have to learn all the stuff by myself, about how to call process a call inside the dll, etc. A6 from acknex have a delphi sdk, and I have code some plug-ins for it, for example.

If you can appoint me something to help me on that matter, it willl appreciate to much. Sorry for the poor english, BTW.

Al
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 20:53
@Al Meyer:
Do you (intend to) write DLLs for DB or DBpro?
The easiest method (usable in both, DB and DBpro) is using the Call DLL command/function. These call functions (stdcall convention) from external DLLs. In DBpro you can also write so called Third Party Command DLLs.

@TCA
Quote: "If its for DirectX, then I doubt there is a usable one for Delphi (especially not for DX8 upwards)."

Rule #1: There's nothing that's not available for Delphi.

Me, I'll sit and write this love song as I all too seldom do
build a little fire this midnight. It's good to be back home with you.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 21:03
Rule #2: ... eventually

I made a start on a simple TPC DLL for Rob a while back, and although I've since put together the DBPro GlobStruct for it, it's not tested to any great level.

I don't know whether I did it the best way (I'm not a Delphi user really), but it did work up to a point. If you want a copy of the project, just email me and I'll send you a zipped copy

Plug-ins ... get 'em while they're hot, they're lovely
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 21:07
Rule #3: And if it's not available, it's not important.

Me, I'll sit and write this love song as I all too seldom do
build a little fire this midnight. It's good to be back home with you.
MushroomHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 21:35 Edited at: 12th Dec 2003 21:37
Al Meyer? The name rings a bell ... Alberto? I remember you did a host of utilities for DB classic with Indi?!?
Alberto Meyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 22:57
MushroomHead, Yes it's me. Indi made the graphics. Excellent graphics, BTW. . Yes, I think my nick in those days was Alberto, my real name, but, for the english people, Al is better, as I discovered in all these years writing plug-ins.

To empty: yes, i will write the stuff using stdcall for use in both programs. And you are right: you can do everything with Delphi. I have all the headers for DX9 stuff.

Alberto
lagmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 23:18
hi,

i make dll's sometimes on request or when i feel motivated enough.

here is a example dll i made in delphi (source included)
http://darkbasic.lagmaster.net/source/dlltest.zip

probably after christmas i'll do a write up on how to make tcp dll's in delphi for use in dbpro (and maybe dbc)

lagmasteruk - http://www.lagmaster.net is alive! http://www.dbforums.co.uk/ - another db forum!

Dark Snippet Pro V9 is out!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 22:27:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 22:27:31