Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Rm Community Connect 3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Im looking for a bit off advice on Rm community connect 3 networks used in school. These people should seriously be shot! - They have now disabled .exe files .Vbs .reg files so now it is impossible for me to run my DBP's in school. I cant go with the old method anymore of using .VBS or Reg files for updating the registry to disable these restrictions. Im asking you people who have had to suffer the same problems as me for some advice on getting by these restrictions.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2003 22:06
How is it disabled? There's always a way to hack in there

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2003 22:23
could you not just ask your IT teacher? tell them what you want to do and maybe show them and they might disable it for you?

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2003 22:38
ahh RM eh hahaa... universally hated school networking software and computers since 1985 ^_^

i always loved playing that silly Taxi game on them lol
well anyways there is a way to hack around, only you'll have to create a .com using asm to directly contact windows which is hidden beneath.

afraid it is neither easi or even worth bothering to achieve; simply because the machines are stripped down things that are only client workstations anyways.

you'll have to ask your Teacher to install the software on the server machine, but as i said ... really not much point considering the boxes are almost literally empty inside.

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine!
900mhz|256mb|FX5200Ti 52.16|Dx9|WXP-Pro
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2003 23:07 Edited at: 10th Dec 2003 23:09
At my school I hacked the computers with NTFSDOS, a bootdisk and a SAM file I made. Now we have huge Counterstrike games.

So much for Windows 2000 security.

...and like that; he's gone...
lagmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 10th Dec 2003 23:36
ah im probably the best person to speak about RM software i used to administrate it and know the work arounds!

best advice make a floppy boot disk that can tell the hard drive to run the operating system in "selective startup"

lagmasteruk - http://www.lagmaster.net is alive! http://www.dbforums.co.uk/ - another db forum!

Dark Snippet Pro V9 is out!!
DougC
Years of Service
User Offline
Chris, Do you mind telling me a bit more about the creation of your sam file and boot disk you made?
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 20:52 Edited at: 11th Dec 2003 20:52
OK.
It was for Windows 2000 so it might not work, but give it a try.

(A SAM file is an encryted file that contains passwords)
I tried cracking the SAM file but it didn't work. It gave the guest password but not the administrator.

So then I came up with this.
1 - I made a DOS 7.0 boot disk (you can do this with a free download)
2 - I made an NTFSDOS disk. This is a program that gives you write access to NTFS drives.
3 - I got the SAM file from my home computer (I knew what it contained (my passwords + usernames))
4 - I replaced the SAM file on the school computer with my one.
5 - I logged on with my password.

Its pretty weird because you never find out the administrator password. Works though.

However, one some computers it might notice the differences in the SAM files and not start up. This is why you must make sure that you keep the original SAM file to put back if it screws up.

I did it with three floppy disks but you could probably do it with two.

Have fun.

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 22:03
There's a much easier way, if you create a new folder and rename it to a secific filename (I don't have it on me at the moment) it automaticly changes to the control pannel, where you'll find the admin tools, and be able to get rid of those pesky restrictions.

~I see one problem with your reasoning: The fact is that is a chicken~
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 22:07
That didn't work for me.
I got to the Control Panel but you can't run any of the programs in it.

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 22:09
Really? Damn we felt so clever when we tested that one out.

~I see one problem with your reasoning: The fact is that is a chicken~
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 22:34
Quote: "Hi, Im looking for a bit off advice on Rm community connect 3 networks used in school. These people should seriously be shot! - They have now disabled .exe files .Vbs .reg files so now it is impossible for me to run my DBP's in school."

RM has the world's WORST security.

Get this: they wrote an internet filter to stop school users downloading mp3 files, so:

www.mysite.com/music.mp3

comes up with an RM page... I broke their security in milliseconds by doing this:

www.mysite.com/music.mp3?

... all webservers ignore the "?" as the start of the QueryString of course. Idiots.

How have they "disabled" exe files? Windows provides no mechanism for doing this natively, therefore it is probably some really cheap hack. What happens when you run an exe file, presumably the RMWindowMan exe is running in the background, and watches for certain programs. My college hasn't had RM for well over a year now, but the RMWindowMan that comes with 2.3 can easily be fooled, or shut down.

BLUE GUI Plugin: http://blue.robert-knight.net / BLUE IDE [href]http://blueide.sf.net/ - Replacement editor for DBPro[/href]
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 22:42
holy cow! that question mark thingy also fools internet explorers(IE) security settings! just tested it now! everyone at schools gonna love me when i tell them about this!!!! will this work with all kinds of net security? i can't remember what the my school uses right now...

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 23:40
Another trick is getting google to translate a page then replacing the address of the translated page with the one you want to go to. That works with a lot of restricting programs.

TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 01:01
I'm not familiar with the security system, but if it doesn't let you run EXE's then can't you just rename them to .PIF?

Morfy's Law - Enythink thet ken go rong willll.
Cole's Law - Thinly sliced cabbage.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 09:48
Or make a BAT file to run em?

I know it works for DOS, but i think it works for win32 also??

Web Design Starting from $200. Special limited offer. MSN or Email me for more information.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 22:50:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 22:50:09