Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Fps can Classic V Guru

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2015 02:24
I have both versions and I have to admit I use classic more than Guru for the simple fact that when you build a game in guru, it has game guru on it unless that's been changed?

Plus, I think classic is a lot more stable, but I guess that's due to the wrinkles being ironed out over the years.

Guru, however does have some cool packs and features, but as I stated I won't use it due to game guru being plastered all over a game you supposedly own etc.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th Nov 2015 14:24
I think GG will eventually have the option to remove it's advertising and brand as your own, but since it's still in dev and not able ready to actually create games yet, the advertising is there to increase sales and interest. I don't believe that any semi-serious developer would try to release a game made in an engine that's so early in development. As many others, I'm very confused about the direction of GG so I'll stick with classic as well. It may not be as refined or able as GG in the end, but it is complete and solid, ready to make a game, even if somewhat dated. More often than not, a great game is the result of the creator, and not the engine.

Brian.
I\'m sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
All Downloads are now HERE
Victor (CrafterVic)
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2015 01:04
I think FPSC is the best one right now. The way the software works is the best for me because in GG, there are less options to make games, and more shaders and textures. I don't care how the game looks, I care about how it plays and how it works.
Vic
Garyjayuk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2015 12:18
I totally agree with you guys.

However, GG has some very useful options that requires less fiddling about (Like changing the sky etc), but like I said its mainly down to the advertisement that it has on game once you've made it.
But it will be interesting to see what the future holds for GG.
synchromesh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 03:35 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2015 03:36
All the front ends can in fact be changed in GameGuru manually and there is a third party tool called "StyleGuru" which makes this process easier that classic IMHO

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/212352

Also this may be of interest to those who want to create levels in Classic and import them to GameGuru .... "Segment Auto Welder"
More info here ..

http://www.gamegurufiles.co.uk/welder.html
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 23:44
Quote: "Also this may be of interest to those who want to create levels in Classic and import them to GameGuru .... "Segment Auto Welder"
More info here .."

Already purchased it.
gamer, lover, filmmaker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 03:11:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 03:11:05