Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / My account is messed up

Author
User Banned
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 00:02
What's going on? New thread I made last week about being on moderation never posted. And a reply I made to an existing post shows me as forum president with incorrect join date. (Pic attached)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 00:30
What is the correct join date for your account?

If you are on post mod, I would sort of doubt that a moderator would allow you to post a new thread on said subject. Are you on mod from being a new member? Or because of disciplinary reasons?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 04:32
The question is... WHO ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BE?
Not the Forum President
User Banned
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 04:57 Edited at: 18th Nov 2015 04:57
Phaelax, joined in 2003! (April if I recall correctly, maybe September)

I spoke with mooney on fb and he looked at my account. Said it's all bugged to hell.

I'm surprised this thread even posted, because it never did the first time. I think TheNext has a bug in the new forum....

(The post mod seems to have stopped)
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 05:30 Edited at: 18th Nov 2015 05:30
Oh it's you? That is strange. Using the forum search I was able to find several old posts of yours, and those all seem to be correct (name, avatar, join date, badges, etc). I wonder if that clues into anything.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 15:30
I've alerted The Next about your issue; he'll have a look at it when he returns to the office. And to answer your question; SF uses gas as an air freshener.
-Keith
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 17:45
Quote: "SF uses gas as an air freshener. "

lol. There was a lot of SF guys at bragg, I should've asked them. (they probably would've told me to go away)

\"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended.\" - Linus Torvalds
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
You're fixed.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 09:01
@Phaelax

I have had a look and from what I can see nothing is wrong with the system. However you do have two email addresses one is hotmail and the other is gmail (gmail is the newer one). Logging into one will show you as Phaelax the other will show you as Forum President, seems like a case of duplicate accounts causing confusion.

If you would like the two accounts merged contact support and they will be able to do that for you, to avoid future confusion.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 13:21
The question is, why would one show up as "Forum President" in the first place?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 18:58
Quote: "The question is, why would one show up as "Forum President" in the first place?"

Because I am your leader!

I would have to say there is something wrong with the system afterall, if I have a duplicate account. I mean, a working system wouldn't have allowed that to happen would it. Even if I had registered a new account with a different email or updated my email address, neither should cause a duplicate in this nature. Looks like I need to stick with my hotmail. I think I may have tried to update my email address to gmail in the past because I rarely use hotmail these days.

\"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended.\" - Linus Torvalds
Not the Forum President
User Banned
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 19:00
Looks like gmail account is the forum president. Weird. Ooooo, I could have fun with this :p (or someone could delete this one)
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 19:21
Phaelax, are you sure you didn't accidentally create a new account when you went to update your email? That's what almost happened to me when I went to go update it years ago.

Still, that doesn't explain why your name is my current title.

Forum President until June 20th, 2016.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 08:41
Name changed to a temporary alternative (to avoid confusion) until you decide what you want to be called, or retire this account
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2015 07:38
You can delete that one for all I care.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:01:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:01:15