Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / skybox problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello, the skybox doesnt work when i run a test game. It is just the black with the entities blending in with the sky. If i build the game however the skybox is there. I dont know why the skybox isnt working in test game. I have checked the path and changed it to other skyboxes but it doesnt work. any help will be appreciated
thanks
John
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 14:52
Hi MILITARYMAN
Quote: " I have checked the path and changed it to other skyboxes but it doesnt work "

hmmm, that does sound strange. What version fpsc are you using? (and any mods)
Are you trying to use a custom skybox, or a stock one?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
MILITARYMAN1000
Years of Service
User Offline
hello, my version is fps creator x9 v 1.19. The skyboxes were purchased from the fps creator store
Thanks
John
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2015 19:48
Quote: "The skyboxes were purchased from the fps creator store"

Ok, then they should work correctly. Just thinking, when your doing a test run
how did you setup the "skybox" ? Are you doing maunaly or thru the
"buildgame\global script\ setup level.ini ???
MILITARYMAN1000
Years of Service
User Offline
hello, I have tried it both ways and the skybox doesnt work either way. I have also just added lights to the level in the buildings and on the streetlights and now the level is completely dark each time I test it. The ambience is at 100 and the color ambiences are each at 255. Any help is appreciated
Thanks
John
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2015 13:37
MILITARYMAN, ah, you just added "Light Markers" to your level, correct? Not models of lights?
After choosing a "light marker" in the editor one can use the Bracket keys " [ ] " to
increase or decrease it's radius, or "right click" it to open the lights properties settings.
When doing a "Test Run" one can also adjust "Ambience" with the " < > " keys during testing.
Note: that's for the ambience setting, not the light markers. See if that helps during a quick test run?

Also, just had a thought, have you installed DX9 yet? If not, you need it to run fpsc correctly.
Grab the DX9-c standalone version off line somewhere. Even if you have DX10 or 11
there are some files still missing that DX9 has that are needed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:06:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:06:54