Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / FPSC V1.19: Player coordinates

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello to everybody, I want to know if there is a way to "read" the player coordinates and save it (axis X, Y and Z), because I search in the Syntaxis List but I don't found nothing and there isn't a internal variable could read or at least calculate the player coordinates and save it. And I want to know if exist a way to transport the player to a certain coordinates.
Thanks for read.
Nothing interesting...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2015 15:45
Hi Mauro5002
Quote: "And I want to know if exist a way to transport the player to a certain coordinates"

Looking into "plrmoveto=" it transports the player to the named area/entity. Works like a charm
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mauro5002
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2015 15:08 Edited at: 27th Nov 2015 21:46
Hi ncmako, thanks for your reply, it's a good idea to use "plrmoveto=" but this transport the player to a previous named entity or area and I want to transport the player to a certain coordinates because my idea is create a new way to save and load game ,without using the default menu, in that when you go to save a game and select a slot a variable read and save your actual coordinates. So, when you go to load the game you saved, it will load the level and the coordinates saved previously. That is the reason why I need a form to read and save the player coordinates. Otherwise, thanks for your help ncmako, if you have any other idea it will be welcome
Nothing interesting...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2015 22:12
Mauro5002
The only other thing I can think of is to use a "game save" script at a certain location with a trigger?
But I think it will always save to "slot 1" over ridding previous saves.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mauro5002
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I was thinking how to make my script save the game without overwrite a previous slot. Later I will post the algoritm of my srcipt to show what I am trying to do, and I think the possible and unique solution for my request is place and use a entity like a "point of reference" because I can use for that entity commands like "plrfloorequal=", "plrdistwithin=" and others that I don't remember in this moment, so later save it value and use it with commands like "moveplrz=", "moveplrx=" and "moveplry=". But other thing I can do is try to modify the source code to create a variable could read the player coordinates. Thanks for your reply ncmako
Nothing interesting...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:41:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:41:04