Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / Bug Windows 10 AGK Tier 1

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 12:29
I have a program I coded in Tier 1 that I run now and then to test a connection to a Tier 2 program. It was all working fine, but all of a sudden it stopped working, I have changed nothing in my Tier 1 app, I actually only press F5 to run my app in the AppGameKit IDE. If I copy my app to another directory and run it from there, it works again??? I use Windows 10, I disabled a third screen, the disabling of the third screen is the only change I made my self, I re-enabled, no difference. If I debug it, it says there was an exeption in atigkxx.dll. It might be my GFX driver that has auto updated, but as I said, the app works if I move it to another location.
The byte chrunchers are coming...
DIVIDING BY ZERO/BECAUSE WE SUCK...
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2015 17:35
And I forgot to mention, I don't think it is specific to AppGameKit but more a Windows 10 thing that I haven't figured out yet, maybe some security that kicks in because of the compiling of the exe (which sometimes is seen as malicious behavior by secutiry software).
DIVIDING BY ZERO/BECAUSE WE SUCK...
GunnerJnr
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2015 18:10
Hmmm, what I am about to suggest isn't really related to AppGameKit specifically, but I know when I moved to Windows 10, all of my Direct X programs decided they only wanted to work in Release mode and not Debug mode, after nearly two weeks of pulling my hair out I stumbled up on my savouir in the Windows settings..

For this step you will need to navigate to the following:

Start/Settings/System/Apps & Features - and then on the right hand window select the link labelled 'manage optional features', in here click the big +(plus) sign where it says 'add a feature', once that loads, scroll until you find a feature labelled 'Graphics Tools' and add/install it.

This seemed to fix my issues in Direct X 9, and Direct X 11, and I was now able to run in debugging mode again without issue. It's probably a long shot for AGK2 though, but if the framework behind the scenes uses Direct X, as it main graphics API then its got to be worth a shot right ?? However, I am not sure what Graphcs API/Framework they use for it, it could be OpenGL for all I know. Perhaps someone with better knowledge can jump in.

Hope this helps in some way, although I am not too hopeful, perhaps simply repairing the AppGameKit install might fix the issue ?

Cheers
GunnerJnr
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 09:17
The Graphics Tools is already installed :-( AGK2 works fine, and so does the project if I just copy it to different folder, the original still don't work, the new one does with no other changes made than moving the project to a new folder.
DIVIDING BY ZERO/BECAUSE I SUCK...
GunnerJnr
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 09:41
Perhaps my other post [img]https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216082#msg2574986[/img] might be of some help ? (Although I doubt it).

It seems weird you only get the message about the .dll in a specific folder and then it works in another. Silly question but have you tried googling the error about the atigkxx.dll, it seems to retuen 100's of results so perhaps they might help in solving your issue.

Cheers
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 10:29
I have tried googling the .dll, but since it is an important .dll for the graphics card loads of results regarding the .dll and specific games come up. I can load the original project, does not work, then load (in same session) the copy, works fine :-P I have tried what you suggested in the other thread with Run As Administrator. No dice :-(
DIVIDING BY ZERO/BECAUSE I SUCK...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:19:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:19:27