Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK 2.0 - dbCloneObject Bug

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I hope someone here can help me with a problem..

It seems like dbCloneObject does in fact share some information even if the flag is set to 0.
After i delete a clone, I get segmentation faults from inside the DLL when accessing the original Object:
I get Segmentation Faults from dbSetObjectEffect, and if the Object is visible i get them from dbSync().

This is very frustrating because i am working on an university project with DarkGDK 2.0 and i still haven't found a proper workaround.

Will there be a RC5?

s_i
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2015 20:27 Edited at: 24th Dec 2015 20:31
The author of the DarkGDK v2.0 is a deceiver. He promised us a finished product, we have bought a license, but he stopped further development and disappeared with our money.

I advise you to use DarkGDK v1 + "Unofficial r114 Update". More is written here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/212979
KirDael
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, so I found out where the problem is.

dbCloneObject() clones an Object - and applies the Shader from the original to the clone. BUT.
It's less a problem of dbCloneObject(), it's more a problem of applying Shader. Once a shader is applied to an object (what dbCloneObject() will do if shader was applied to the original) it is not possible to re-set another shader or detach the applied shader in any way (Tried everything, even dbTextureObject (look documentation)). Attempting to do so, leads to a Segmentation Fault waiting you at the next called dbSync().
This could also be a problem in dbCloneObject() because I randomly got different Faults when cloning Objects with applied shader.

I did a workaround by creating object-"templates" without any shader set, ready to be cloned and to be assigned with new shader.
This literally f**ing took me a little while to debug this sh** (sorry)

I hope I could help

Quote: "The author of the DarkGDK v2.0 is a deceiver. He promised us a finished product, we have bought a license, but he stopped further development and disappeared with our money."

I'm angry about this. DarkGDK gave me nothing but headaches and I paid 30$ for this. An engine full of bugs and stopped development is not worth 1$. Never again. grr want my money back...
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 10:32
Until you gain more experience with DGDK and DX development, you'll find that things must performed in particular ways to make them work.
The straight approximation only works for simple things.

This time you learned about the cloned objects behaviour, ok then, but please do not mix DGDK 2.0 and the original DGDK with sentences like "An engine full of bugs".
My project MPL3D Solar System is made with the original DGDK 1.0 and I must say that, at the latest official version, there are no bugs that can prevent you from making a good and stable game.

Other than that, good luck with that university project, and please do not hesitate about posting any new issues that may arise
KirDael
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "but please do not mix DGDK 2.0 and the original DGDK with sentences like "An engine full of bugs"."

Sorry if you misunderstood me, but I only meant DGDK 2.0.
I also had projects with DGDK 1.0 where I never experienced such problems. That's why I chose to buy DGDK 2.0. If I had known that there are so many problems related with the new version I would have never bought the license and used the good old version instead.

Quote: "Other than that, good luck with that university project, and please do not hesitate about posting any new issues that may arise"

Thank you very much! I'll keep you updated
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2016 12:34
Quote: "I'll keep you updated "

Glad to hear that, what is your project about?

Perhaps you could post a little comment at "Anyone developing something?" thread:

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/215452

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:26:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:26:15