Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to make animation?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
please help me!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 3rd Jan 2016 14:03
I'm not the guru on the subject of animation by any means, but I'll tell you what I know. It depends on what you want to animate and how complicated of an animation it is. Animating simple objects (such as rotating a sign or moving a lift) can be done with scripting, while more complex animation (a character walking, shooting, etc) must be included in the model when it's built, then called for with scripting.

What do you want to animate and how?
I\'m sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
All Downloads are now HERE
aufaa
Years of Service
User Offline
I cannot scripting!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 13:23
One program that I've found invaluable over the years is CharacterFX. It's a really straightforward animation system that exports DX9.0 .X files, so it's good for DBPro and FPSC. Compared to the big packages (and even small ones like Fragmotion) it's a breeze to use, it's also free. I think it's worth a try, because if you can work with that then it expands the possibilities of what you can do with your own models. It does prefer low poly models and patience, but it's really the sort of thing that anyone could learn - unlike the big packages like 3DS Max which provide a wealth of features that just aren't supported in DX9. I wrote a short tutorial as part of a platformer series for the newsletter, might be useful...

http://newsfiles.thegamecreators.com/issue71/Character%20FX%20Tutorial.pdf
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 14:01
Quote: "One program that I've found invaluable over the years is CharacterFX"

It is a great and dependable animation package. Just know that it is NOT a modeling package. You will still need something for that.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 19:38 Edited at: 5th Jan 2016 19:43
Thanks for the useful information and tutorial Van B. Unfortunately the insanesoftware.de site is down but I found a working link to the software here:
http://characterfx.software.informer.com/

Also found the instructions on how to register the free version. After installing, click on Help from the menu then Register and use the details below:
Quote: "From now on, CharacterFX is available as Freeware - you can use it free of charge, without any restrictions, for as long as you like. If CharacterFX asks you to register, you can use the following registration details to continue using it free of charge:

Username: CFX4FREE
Registration Key: 5b2fe4"

Edit - Confirmed working. I've installed and registered this myself now.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2016 00:21
It will be a shame when great tutorials like the one Van B posted are gone. Need to start backing up the old news letters.
gamer, lover, filmmaker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:42:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:42:01