Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Cannot buy model pack 53

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 11th Jan 2016 19:54
I went to the model pack area for FPSC and i realized that i cannot buy model pack 53. What is happening? Will it be back up? Have you guys unwantingly lost interest in your old game engine? I really want to buy model packs and i see that you web dev's have gone on and done something with the page making me unable to buy this product that i dearly want to have fun with.

Please, if soon as possible, reply to me.. This is kinda downing me...
I am a friendly artist and entertainer!~ ^o^ I also love wearing Diapers, not only as a fetish but as good comfort, better than boxers/underwear. I announce it because i am obsessed with them.
Y0shondue
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 11th Jan 2016 20:33
Nevermind, as soon as i went to the store in the classic fpsc client, i found out that you guys said that you were fixing something wiith the website and moving it too another data base or something like that. I would like a reply back for model packs 9, 10 and 53 though.
I am a friendly artist and entertainer!~ ^o^ I also love wearing Diapers, not only as a fetish but as good comfort, better than boxers/underwear. I announce it because i am obsessed with them.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 12:01
Have a read of this thread for more info https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216181
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
Y0shondue
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 14:42
I have lost full support for your community now. I will no longer be using the new and classic versions of your engine. My profile information is moving and there will be no more of me. Your support for you work is out of the earth for peoples help now. Figure of speech = Your not being very precise for your work group and community for your products.

Numbers of reasons why i dislike the TGC community now.

~ You lack support for people in need of help. I have came across more than 5 forums with you moderators / administrators forcing people to read the rule page (when some of them clearly have) when they clearly want a friendly answer to make games on your engine.

~ You have lost support for your old engine, the one that was in better state in the first place. You have lost support for a lot of model packs and things on TGC just to get steam more interested in your community, to get your CEO to be better noticed and popular on no friendly matter. Just fame is what you guys wanted there. Your Game-Guru.... is Fps creator reloaded. Face the facts, steam did not improve of your work because of your older engine, so you re-write the whole product, calling it Game-Guru, just to get your fame. It's the same engine all over again but with terrain and graphic tweaks with no build button. Your fan base on that forum post dislikes your moving of TGC, and numourous-countless of your fans want a actual multiplayer maker for your classic engine instead of you having the servers to your selves.

Your product on steam has been written for report by me, so the staff will check it out and i will remain this way of your dissensions.

Just very illiterate if you ask me. There is no stop for what you guys are planning, but this one. That report might make a change. Think, ask people, ask CEO, ask fans, then do. Don't DO.

Good night Mr. TGC. ~Perfect Dark quote.

That's the game.
I gave up on this forum for their unsupported flaws with the new Fps Creator, GameGuru.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 17:11 Edited at: 12th Jan 2016 17:13
I am not really sure what has upset you so much.

We are only stopping selling old versions of software on the website, the software that has been removed hasn't been updated for years. FPS Creator wasn't being developed any more and that was known to the community for a long time.

The plan is to make FPS Creator open source so the community can continue to support it if they wish, we cannot continue to sell old products forever, this is all explained in that thread.

On a side note the moderators are doing their job by linking those that break forum rules to the AUP and then locking their threads, this has always been the policy. If users want answers they should abide by the rules when posting.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2016 05:22
@Y0shondue

You might not be aware that the FPSC engine is going on to 11 years this year, meaning it is old, while some may feel it is relevant still, it is like teaching an old dog new tricks, it doesn't always work. As with all companies they simply can't afford to continue to teach the old dog new tricks as time and resources doesn't permit it.A good time as any to move on to some thing fresh and exciting.

The shift over to other things wasn't taken lightly, no new revenues were being generated by the old software, a good as any time to move on, TGC simply could have shutdown all old projects and move on, instead they decided to open source it, very generous to say the least.

Quote: "Your Game-Guru.... is Fps creator reloaded. Face the facts, steam did not improve of your work because of your older engine, so you re-write the whole product, calling it Game-Guru, just to get your fame. It's the same engine all over again but with terrain and graphic tweaks with no build button. Your fan base on that forum post dislikes your moving of TGC, and numourous-countless of your fans want a actual multiplayer maker for your classic engine instead of you having the servers to your selves."
First why should TGC continue to pay for things like server hosting after they stopped support a product, it costs money and it doesn't grow on tree.

Secondly gameguru AKA fpsc reloaded is not a rewrite as you would like to put, this is a 100% brand spanking new engine, that was converted to C++ recently from DB pro, even then it was still new source code, it isn't even remotely possible to compare Gameguru to FPSC as they are vastly different. The reason for the name change from reloaded to gameguru is an interesting one, as FPSC had to fall away as the game creator was no longer going to be an exclusive First person shooter creator, and has already expanded to 3rd person, and will in the near future had platform, isometric and top down game creation abilities, how can you continue to name a product that doesn't just create FPS games. ?

Seems you are venting anger towards some one or some thing, you to know very little of, just an observation, eh ?
Cloid
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 2nd Feb 2016 23:50 Edited at: 4th Feb 2016 00:21
@wizard of id, @The Next

I lost my google email and couldn't log back in. That's okay. I made a new account and want to apologize for my behavior and get a better understanding here. I hope you can accept the apology.

"First why should TGC continue to pay for things like server hosting after they stopped support a product, it costs money and it doesn't grow on tree."

>>>>>>>>>>> That's part of what i was saying, i just wasn't being tolerant. Sorry for that. And, I also was stating that we could find a way. meaning; me or other customers that would know programming to make other programs that are a server client kind of thing, if you get the jist of my explanation;. I have a bad way of explaining things. i still know how to get it to work without the TGC's servers online. Using hamachi, but it also requires editing the files of the games you make, to connect to one or another.

I am the old fasion type of guy, i play Perfect dark a lot more than call of duty. I use zippcast instead of youtube. Zippcast is a mimic of 2008 youtube. Cutting to the point; I use FPSC, not un-real engine, or source or frost bite. I like polygons and old graphics. It's all pretty and looks like a complex sci-fi game while even making the game look like one if possible.

Anyway, i am still sorry and i just was not used to this turn for your guy's company and never i will be ready, at all for it. Though, i can compliment your new improvements but while still using the old, such as FPSC.

So, when the open source FPSC is ready i will be quiet about the next update and NOT (oops typo -Forgot:"not")be in the way this time. I wont be in your guy's way. The only reason why dislike this is because, the more improvements that comes in programming causes people to waste money on new hardware for machines we don't have time for, when the only time is for the hardware we already should stick with.
I am a traditional artist and want to find easy game tools to play around with for fun.~
Cloid
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Feb 2016 00:23
Why was my post removed? I promised to be out of your guy's way. Please put the post back on this forum. It shows that i am apologizing. Or unless i am glitching or i had to edit something at the end and it needs to wait for a moderator to accept the edited post. I just hope it wasnt removed.
I am a traditional artist and want to find easy game tools to play around with for fun.~
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2016 08:37
While you have a new user account the forum automatically moderates your posts. IF you edit a post, it goes back into moderation.

Regarding FPSC being retired for Game Guru...
Windows 2000 & Windows 10?
Office 97 & Office 2016?
Tomb Raider and Lara Croft whatever we're on now?
Photoshop 6.1 and Photoshop CC?

The biggest mistake made by TGC was freely updating their products. Customers got 10 years + of free updates, and when they made a break for new products everybody complained that their £50 investment over 10 years was wasted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Cloid
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Feb 2016 17:20
@batvink
As i can say that is an agreement but i simply will complain no more for that. If i do that, i just wont feel like using the software anymore. It's my favorite desire of creativity to use FPSC, because i enjoy using it. So, i complain no more like the others. Thank goodness i only bought a few models from the store and only one pack, because if i bougt the others that went down, i would be frustrated like them. It's sad, i know. Features are awesome but support only later hardware and that is the sad part of it.

I am a person who buys low cost of products and old things that are still worth the wild of fun, like FPSC. I understand your product comparison, but i am still into the old, to support the hardware that i already bought for everything to work the way i want it to. It would simply be out of my desire to get the new of products when it supports the unwanted high cost of the same hardware with the fewer new tweaks. That's how money rips from people these days.

So, while i can get this whole understanding, i only support the older product such as good old classic creative FPSC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:42:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:42:11