Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / Need solution to the warning: Unknown publisher, does not have a valid digital signature

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2016 07:20
I wrote a small game, and I allowed people to download it from my website. Here is the problem, when people run my program, the warning comes up, "Publisher: unknown publisher..... This file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher. You should only run software from publishers you trust."

Now, some people will run my game anyway despite this warning, but some people won't, and I'm told some people will actually have trouble running the game on their computers because of the lack of a digital signature . I think this is a practical problem as soon as you try to distribute your software. I'm surprised no one seems to have brought up this topic yet. At least, I couldn't find any useful information when I searched this forum with keywords like "unknown publisher", "digital signature", and "digital certificate".

Can someone in-the-known provide some knowledge on what's the cheapest and easiest way to obtain a valid digital signature or digital certificate? I tried to Google it but the information was buried under tons of technical words I don't understand. Can someone tell me what's the simple way to do it? I'm hoping I don't have to learn all about encryption, for example. I'm hoping it's as simple as pay $100, fill out a form, show my ID, get a code to include with my software in some way, and be done with it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:21:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:21:21