Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / My Metal (cover) songs! \m/

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 12th Apr 2016 18:45
Hey all!

Even though these forums have been so quiet and dormant, and even though there's probably not much metalheads visiting the forums anymore, i wanted to share my metal music creations to you all! \m/

Been working on a Judas Priest cover lately. The song is titled 'Deal With The Devil', from their album 'Angel Of Retribution'. An awesome album, as usual of course.
The guitarwork is mine, and i added drums and bass later in FL Studio.

Here's a Youtube vid of the original JP song (for comparison ):

And, finally...my WIP cover. Keep in mind though, that the song is far from finished...it's work in progress. During the next few days (perhaps even weeks, depending on how much time i have), i'll continue on the song, and the end goal is to completely cover the entire song from start to finish. I will add guitar solos as well, but they won't be a copy of the original guitar solos, rather more my own inventions.

Hope you like it, and please give comments. Thank you.
Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2016 20:20
OMG JUDAS PRIEST ARE LIKE THE WORST BAND EVER.

I lie, I love them to pieces. FINALLY got to see them last year too and am very glad I did, Rob Halford still has it, despite looking like death.

As for your WIP, I quite like the start to it, think you've hit well so far. I cannot wait until you try the vocals!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 12th Apr 2016 21:25
Quote: "Rob Halford still has it, despite looking like death."

Which is a quite fitting look for a death metal band.
"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2016 23:12
That said, Rob Halford did say he would like to do something more extreme like Death or Black Metal.

And honestly, I reckon Halford could pull it off. I mean, a more extreme version of Painkiller and some Black Metal have high pitch screeches and Halford can still hit the really high notes. (and towards at the end, he slips in a growl)
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2016 15:20
Quote: "FINALLY got to see them last year too and am very glad I did, Rob Halford still has it, despite looking like death."

That's awesome! I would love to see them too, but it hasn't come to it yet. They were here in Belgium for a gig at the end of last year, but it was on a Wednesday, and not possible for me to get a day off.
Regarding his death look, he is after all the Messenger Of Death, eh?

Quote: "Which is a quite fitting look for a death metal band."

Quote: "That said, Rob Halford did say he would like to do something more extreme like Death or Black Metal. "

Darn, that would be so freaking cool!! The MetalGod in a Black or Death Metal band! I'm sure he'd do extremely well.

Quote: "As for your WIP, I quite like the start to it, think you've hit well so far. I cannot wait until you try the vocals! "

LOL, hahahaaa! Me singing would be a massacre of the song, hahahaaaaa! I might give it a try.
Thanks for the compliment, though! \m/

Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 00:02
Quote: "Darn, that would be so freaking cool!! The MetalGod in a Black or Death Metal band! I'm sure he'd do extremely well."

Have a listen to this part of him performing Valhalla when I saw them last year then. https://youtu.be/GuDg3u-ZPEM?t=3m47s

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 16:54
The Slayer,

Sounds good... what did you do the drum parts with ?

PlayBASIC To HTML5/WEB - Convert PlayBASIC To Machine Code
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 18:16
Quote: "Sounds good... what did you do the drum parts with ?"

Thanks, Kevin! Did not know you are a metalfan. \m/

For the drums, i use Steven Slate Drums as a plugin in FL Studio. Great set of drumkit sounds, if you ask me.
There's lots of premade drumkits available for allmost every genre i can think of, and possibility to add custom sounds to the drumkits.
The drumkit used for Metallica's Black album is also included, aswell as AC/DC drumkits (if i'm not mistaken).

What instruments do you play, if any?

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2016 07:06
Thanks for the link, hadn't seen that one before..

Quote: "What instruments do you play, if any? "

Just another drummer.. don't play anywhere near as much these days though..

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2016 14:19
Quote: "Thanks for the link, hadn't seen that one before.."

No problem.
I've tried a few drumkit vst's, like EZDrummer and some drumkits from Native Instruments, but i usually go back to SSD4.

Just found out THIS drumkit vst, and my goodness, it sounds totally sick!!
A bit more expensive than SSD4, but it sounds delicious!!

Quote: "Just another drummer.. don't play anywhere near as much these days though.. "

That's sad, mate! But, i know how it feels. I used to play the drums as well, but it's been ages ago, unfortunally...an acoustic drumkit requires no neighbours, eh?
Buying an electric drumkit has crossed my mind, but it's not the same as an acoustic one, i guess.

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2016 17:05
Quote: "That's sad, mate! But, i know how it feels. I used to play the drums as well, but it's been ages ago, unfortunally...an acoustic drumkit requires no neighbours, eh?"

I', still playing.. but it's not full time.. My drum room turned into a dark cold bunker about 20 years ago. So all the walls/ceiling/floor are sound proofed. All very low tech, combo of carpet & foam underlays, with some even egg cartons from memory. Cheap by surprisingly effective, there's still some spillage through the floor, but nothing like the good old days..

Quote: "Buying an electric drumkit has crossed my mind, but it's not the same as an acoustic one, i guess."

Yeah.. those low even ones aren’t much chop, feels like playing a casio keyboard or something. Was rolling around the idea getting some triggers and sticking them on a rubber practice kit. Would feel about the same. If I was still playing I’d probably go electronic though.. The old back ain’t what it used to be..

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2016 18:21
Had a long weekend, so more free time to continue on my Judas Priest cover! \m/

Changed the mixing a bit here and there, and played around with the guitarsound for both channels. And, i also started adding the vocals...meaning...i didn't sing , but i did add the melody for the vocals. Hope you like it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:03:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:03:24