Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / JPG's won't load on new 3840 x 2160 PC

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2016 18:46
Hello There friends!

Got an interesting problem. I wrote a game on my Lenovo AIO B520 PC with Display max of 1980x1080 and it works great. But because it was an Intel Core 3 and 16 GB ram, it was not running efficient as expected.

Now I upgraded to an Gen 6 Lenovo Core 7 with 32GB Ram and it roasts but problem is the display max is 3840 x 2160 and the game halts compiling with Unable To Load Bitmap at xxxxx errors and the error keeps changing locations. Once I

reset the screen down to 1980 x 1080 then the game compiles and run super nice. The JPGs it loads are 595 x 450 each and there are 175 of them. Any idea why a huge display setting will kill the load? It's just a Load Image command.
Don't call me handsome....Just say I am Visually Basic.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 26th Apr 2016 22:47
Could you upload the file to see if there's a problem with the file itself. And what file format are you using for the bitmap?
Katyman
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2016 12:14
They are 595 x 450 JPEG's (.jpg) and I corrected the problem commenting out SET DISPLAY and using the compiler's Display 1980 x 1080. I expect more problems later as this PC is a Core 7 8 processor system and DBPro is a bit dated now.
Don't call me handsome....Just say I am Visually Basic.
James H
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 2nd May 2016 03:16
Have you tried converting your .jpg to other formats such as .bmp, .png, .tga, .dds or any format that DBP supports? From what I can remember .jpg is a poor choice for image format. Not that this is any form of guarantee of course but certainly worth checking out. Also some graphics cards handle square images better than "odd" sizes so rescaling it to say 512*512 may work instead. Better to try to deal with the image format/size if it works rather than use the built in options for display modes so that you can provide a menu that allows the user to change the display options themselves. Another option could be to not use full screen exclusive mode if the other options I suggested don't work, I could be wrong but I seem to recall having issues with large image sizes for certain display modes in full screen exclusive mode dependant on which graphics card I was using at the time. Best of luck

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:45:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:45:14