Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Raspberry Pi / How to install and setup AppGameKit on Raspberry Pi with Ubuntu Mate?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I have just downloaded AppGameKit for my Raspberry Pi but not sure hwo to install and setup, search for help but haven't found any how-to's anybody point me in the right direction please?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2016 09:17
I haven't done much with Linux. From my basic knowledge, I just copied the folders across and ran the app. It worked
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2016 01:35
Yes like BatVink, all I did was download the file from the internet and unpacked it on the PC, put it on the Raspberry Pi SD card and popped this back in the Pi then loaded it up and hey presto!
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
b83
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried agk with Ubuntu Mate on the pi 3, the editor ran and was able to compile but nothing came up after that. could be that there is no hardware acceleration on Ubuntu mate? I loaded up a card with the latest raspbian and everything with agk works good. raspbian has hardware acceleration. anyone have any advice as I would like to go back to ubuntu mate for my pi.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2016 07:57
I posted a guide on how I got AppGameKit working on my Pi 3. Here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216942#msg2582616

Haven't tried with Ubuntu Mate, but try assigning more RAM to the GPU (if that's possible in Ubuntu Mate). 256Mb appears to be a good setting if you want 3d.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:06:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:06:31