Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / info about postprocess settings in setup.ini

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I searched the forum but not found much useful information

so I opened this thread t oask where can i find a good documentation about postprocess settings in the setup.ini since I dont jnow how many settings are possible and what every setting do..

I tried 1 and it seems to be Bloom
tried 2 dont work .. why?
tried 3 and seems to be lightray+bloom
tried 4 and i dont know what it done..

another thing i noticed is that i set postprocees 3 or 4 i cannot use the trigered postprocess effect ingame like underwater, filmgrain etc..

so is there a way to set the post process to use bloom+ detph of filed + lightrays and to have ingame posteffects working correctly??
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2016 13:26
Hi JC LEON
Quote: " where can i find a good documentation about postprocess settings in the setup.ini "

There's not too much written documentation. Just some good threads one has to read thru. It's not too hard once
you understand the process.
You got it right...Postprocess=x
1 - bloom
2 - DoF (depth of field)
3 - lightrays
4 - lightrays & bloom
The "depth of field" isn't working correctly at the moment, but I read where Nomad Soul posted in the Black Ice
thread he's working on it and almost has it fixed
In case you haven't seen these threads, take a look at them....
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/190852
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/192710
These shaders should all still work if done/setup correctly.

Quote: "another thing i noticed is that i set postprocees 3 or 4 i cannot use the trigered postprocess effect "

That is correct, I believe only a "postprocess=1" is for triggering a shader effect. Easy when you get the hang of it.

Quote: " is there a way to set the post process to use bloom+ detph of filed + lightrays "

If I recall, Uzi Idiot's thread has a combined shader for just that somewhere in there.

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
hi ncmake and thanks for your reply..

yes i saw these links already and downlaoded some of them..but i was unable to find the bloom+ detph of filed + lightrays shader combo..

and it would be cool if we can use them togheter..

as you know is there a way to have prostprocess set to 1 ( so we can use triggered postoprocess effects) and the named"bloom" shader merged with dof and lightrays soe we can use them togheter and have the possibility to use tiriggered shaders too...??
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2016 22:11 Edited at: 6th May 2016 22:24
@JC LEON

The best way of doing bloom + lightrays now is to install FPSC Reshade:
http://www.dabalisticsoftware.com/files/FPSCReShadeInstaller.zip

I've attached a preset file which just uses bloom and lightrays so after installing just replace this in the FPSC directory. Remember to press Scroll Lock in game to activate ReShade.

DOF is not currently available and was never a working feature in FPSC but I'm looking to provide some limited support for this. I also recommend using Black Ice Mod with ReShade for performance.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks nomad

but i can i ue reshade even in tesetgame to,since i tought it must be used only on builed games..

and thaknks for your effort with nomand and black ice mod and good luck with dof feature, if support for this fetures will be added it would be awesome
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 10:57
No problem

Yes, ReShade works in test game and on built games.

All you need to do is point the installer to your main FPSC directory to have it working in test games or point it to a standalone game once your game is built.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 11:18 Edited at: 7th May 2016 11:34
i'm using black ice 8.1 yet..
and installed resahve on my fpsc root (copied every files into respetcive locations)
laucnhed editor and it' says reshade is loading (on upper left corner), create my level or a simple demo level tested it but i didnt see any difference,,

tried with dedault mastereffect.h and modified mastereffect .h but result is the same

tried even on some built games (some simple examples and black ice mod demo) and resutls are the same... nothing..

maybe must i set the postprocess on a particular setting in setup.ini??
mine is 1 atm
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 11:31
Once in test game you need to press the Scroll Lock key once and ReShade will be activated (it will give you a notification to confirm) then press again if you want to disable.

If you use the blackicemod demo level you will definitely see a difference but if you want to tweak the effects you need to do this by editing the mastereffect.h file in notepad.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
o my bad... I was not activate it from scroll lock...

works fine thanks..

but

is there a way it canbe active from the start as default..?

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 13:47
@Nomad Soul Thanks for helping. ReShade looks much better than the postprocess one's.
I noticed DoF has been a problem for some time now. Found one thread of yours going
back to 2008 where DoF quit working. Wow, that's a long time.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 20:38 Edited at: 7th May 2016 20:42
Quote: "is there a way it canbe active from the start as default..?"

ReShade is designed to be activated within a game but if you really want to do this, download the attached file and replace this in your main FPSC directory (or built game).

@ncmako - I agree. In fact if you are not using any of the other FPSC post effects, its best to disable this in the setup.ini and just use ReShade.
FPSC does not have a working DOF at the moment but I'm looking to include a simulated DOF effect that should work pretty well in the future.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "ReShade is designed to be activated within a game but if you really want to do this, download the attached file and replace this in your main FPSC directory (or built game).

@ncmako - I agree. In fact if you are not using any of the other FPSC post effects, its best to disable this in the setup.ini and just use ReShade.
FPSC does not have a working DOF at the moment but I'm looking to include a simulated DOF effect that should work pretty well in the future"

MANY THAMKS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:18:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:18:15